HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_webb View Post
I am making one more attempt to fly the Deacon...key word is "I".
That's what we like to hear! Good luck
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:57 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Guizzo17 has finished his electric R/C KK Radian, and an absolutely great job he has made of it too. It's going to be a hot little model, so let's all wish him luck with the test flights!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:28 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Fanfare of trumpets Britkitters as Colonel Blink's legendary KK Ajax has flown, and very successfully too. That makes ten entries which have been flown (albeit David's poor Deacon was badly damaged on it's first outing). Come on the rest - we have four more that appear to be finished but we still await news of the first flights - RAF_BOB's Senator, Guizzo17's Radian and a pair from Froglube, the Veronite No 3 and Senator. Rabidrue's Fleetwing, Harry D's Dandy, Sky Jiver's Competitor and Bigisbest's Falcon all seem to be making good progress, but c_dwebb's Moth Minor, Brokenenglish's Slicker, SAslinky's Bee Bug and KKphantom's Tipsy Nipper seem to have stalled a bit with no posts of progress for a while - how about it guys? We just have two yet to report any progress and start build logs - Vega's Topper and Marksherlock's Mercury Skyjeep - any news?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:19 AM
Joined Mar 2011
7 Posts
Luscombe Sedan

Hi,

I have started building the Veron Luscombe Sedan.

Regards
DavidSt is offline Find More Posts by DavidSt
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Hi David

Glad to have you along, I have added your build to the entry list in post 1. If/when you start your build log, I will add a link to it from there. Enjoy your build, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Another impressive Britkit model has been completed; HarryD's tiny Dandy is a delight to look at and amazingly is within a fraction of his 2 ounce target weight! Weight controlled building of the highest order to get a radio controlled electric model for the same weight as the Bambi powered F/F original.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
664 Posts
Better late than never...
Time to start my Brit Kit entry.
...and it is a bit of a contrast to the Dandy.

I was goind to make another small park flyer, but the unfortunate demise of my 84" Chilton DW1 ( really stupid tip stall on a model I have flown for almost 20 years) and I feel I need another large flyer.

Having really enjoyed my Majestic Major, a larger one should be a safe bet.
Enter the Junior 112 (about Junior 60 x 1.75)

I have a Saito 170 triple which has been waiting patiently for a scale job, but time is too short so I thought I would make something simpler in the meantime.

Eventually the Saito will get it's scale job so I am making the Junior suitable for a second engine, a Suevia 25 cc sideport.

The plan is too big for my drawing baord, so I have to use the table tennis table for the mod's.

Both engines weigh about the same and swing an 18x6 at similar speed.

Really I need a larger Junior, but 112" is the largest wing I can fit in the car (I have checked carefully with a mock-up).
It will probably need care with the throttle, but the radial sounds best at low settings anyway.

I decided on a one piece wing despite the handling issues, beacuse I want to stay under the 7kg heavy model limit. With a 1.3 kg engine, I will need to watch the weight.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:28 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Wow Warren, that is a seriously BIG aeroplane by any standards! Isn't it great that we can have a build off that can feature a 2 ounce delight like Harry's Dandy and a 7 kg (well, just under we hope) leviathan like your Junior 112. Variety is truly the spice of (modelling) life. I have posted your entry and build log url. About 11 weeks to go - hope you are a quick builder!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:02 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
664 Posts
Hi George, you're right 11 weeks might be a challenge.
Oily Hand in Cowra (great), work in China (chore) and a family holiday in Katoomba (great - Google it!) all got in the way.

No more parts than a Junior 60, just bigger parts (and a bit more bracing) so maybe I'll make it.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:38 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Raf_Bob's delightful electrified Senator is now finished; we await news of the first flight with bated breath!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Hi Britkitters

Raf_Bob and Guizzo have flown their models, with contrasting fortunes. The Senator went fine despite somewhat windy conditions but Guizzo's Radian proved a bit hot and suffered a heavy landing with some damage, which will hopefully be repaired.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:39 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
Hello Britkitters

With just over 2 months to go I think it is time to bump the thread up with a review of progress and maybe apply a gentle reminder to some of our slower moving entrants!

Of a total of 30 entries, 14 have been finished and 1 withdrawn.

Of the remaining 15, 6 (WarrenB's KK Junior 60 x 1.85, Colbriguitar's Frog Redwing x 1.8, Edubarca's Veron Sky Scooter, Sky Jiver's KK Competitor x 1.2, Rabidrue's KK Fleetwing Plus and Mixer421's electrified KK Dolphin) all seem to be making good progress with relatively recent updates on their build logs.

Another 6 (brokenenglish's KK Slicker, SAslinky's Veron Bee Bug, KKphantom's Veron Tipsy Nipper, Bigisbest's KK Falcon, c.d.webb's Frog Moth Minor and Froglube's Veronite No. 2) all have build logs open, some with considerable progress made, but have not posted anything for a long time. Come on now guys, what you DON'T need is another uncompleted airframe!

The final 3 (Vega's Topper x 1.5, Marksherlock's Mercury Skyjeep and DavidSt's Veron Luscombe Sedan) have no build logs started, and I guess at this stage look like non starters.

So come on guys, let's get at least 20 entries finished, 66% wouldn't be so bad. I know that we sometimes start things with the best of intentions and then events get in the way, but with substantial parts of a dozen models already built, it seems a shame not to finish them.
Last edited by Sundancer; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2005
128 Posts
If it is not too late I would like to enter a KK Soarer Baby. I noticed Froglube has built a very nice one already. The Soarer Baby was my first real build over 40 years ago but it never got flown so hopefully second time will be luckier.
I will be working from plans available on outerzone. The plans don't have the ribs on them so I will have to extrapolate from the side view. I have built the basic fuselage and fin so will post a picture on a new build log.
Chris
cswee is offline Find More Posts by cswee
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:01 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
You are most welcome Chris, I have added you to the list in post #1 and will add a link to your build log when you start it. Still two months to go so that should be plenty of time to finish the job. Enjoy your build
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:38 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,016 Posts
We have another entry successfully completed and flown, Colibriguitars is a great builder and has made a lovely job of his delightful little Frog Redwing 1.5x for electric R/C. Rodrigo lives in Mexico and although he has built many beautiful little free-flight models this was only his second radio model, having just learnt to fly entirely without help (well, other than a lot of encouragement and advice via RCG!) wih a reduced size Tomboy. Well done Rodrigo