HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
Hi Albyone

I would love to be able to say "yes" as it would be great to have a builder of your skill taking part in the Britkit Build Off. However, there is a problem as this model was never, to my knowledge, kitted by a British kit manufacturer - in other words it is not a Britkit! (See Post #1 of this thread for the definition of which designs qualify). Unless anyone can prove differently then I must regretfully say "No"

I shall be following this build with interest, as I do all your build threads. Of course, there is still time if you would like to enter the build off with another design....??? OR

Why not enter this one in the main year long build off which Scott (Orange and White) is administering. You will find this at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1545927
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
Last edited by Sundancer; Jul 28, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Albyone
Italia, Lombardia, Monza
Joined May 2006
230 Posts
OK Sundancer.
No problem!

Ciao

Albyone
albyone is offline Find More Posts by albyone
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
Give yourselves a treat guys and have a look at the new build log for Froglube's KK Senator at [urlhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701241[/url] Tom says he is a novice, see what you think after looking at the pictures!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
I'm pleased to say that we have another entry, that makes 22. Sky Jiver, an old club mate and long time flying buddy of mine from the Avro, BATS and CHEFS clubs in Cheshire is joining in with a 1.2x KK Competitor. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703321

How about it you guys who have yet to start build logs, time to get cracking. Froglube only started his Senator last week and the damn thing is nearly finished, and a very nice job he has made of it too.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:35 PM
United Kingdom, Minehead
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Hi Sundancer
I started building a K K Falcon about two weeks ago, i was talking over the build with TooHeavy when he said why don't i enter in the build off, so i would like to enter the Falcon. It will be original size and electric powered. I will start a build log very soon.
bigisbest is offline Find More Posts by bigisbest
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:08 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
Excellent BiB - I've added your Falcon to the list in post #1 and will add the link when you start your build log. I'm looking forward to seeing an electric Falcon, should be a great model.

Do you want me to scratch the KK Ladybird you originally entered? Given the amount of work - and wood - in the Falcon I can't see you having time for both, I think even RFJ would struggle with that!
Last edited by Sundancer; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:10 AM
United Kingdom, Minehead
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Hi Sundancer
Yes could you please scratch the K K Ladybird, i will try and post some picks of the falcon progress so fare later on today.
bigisbest is offline Find More Posts by bigisbest
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:29 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
I think even RFJ would struggle with that!
Don't need to George Built one years ago. Actually a Cloud Cruiser, the design KK copied for the Falcon.

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:37 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
I might have known Ray! I'm thinking of having another contest: "Name a model RFJ hasn't built"
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:06 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
The pace is picking up - two more lovely models finished and waiting test flying - cd_webb's electric R/C Deacon and Froglube's F/F rubber Senator.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:12 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
Bigisbest has started a build log for his electric KK Falcon. Already looks very impressive, see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706473. Definitely one to watch.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:10 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,000 Posts
Having just finished his KK Senator, that building machine Froglube has embarked on a Veronite No. 2. There is no stopping this man! See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706663
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:13 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Having just finished his KK Senator, that building machine Froglube has embarked on a Veronite No. 2. There is no stopping this man! See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706663
He's certainly keen! Great to see.
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Keen and running out of storage space! If I don't start actually flying and wrecking/ losing some I will be having problems.

It helps having no social life, once the kids and wife ( who has to get up early) have gone to sleep I make stuff, and since power tools and hammering are not encouraged after 9 ( they still have to contend with my loud swearing when I mess up another bit) modelling or sewing fits the bill.

ATB

Tom

And yes it's been raining on and off all day so far. I've a old MAP book on model boats I could make from except it's too steep here and once in the water I'd never see anything again! Incidentally happy to swap it for anything old and aeromodelling, got it in a charity shop for pence and not my thang.
Froglube is offline Find More Posts by Froglube