HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
4,997 Posts
I just got one of the FPV frames from QA and Paid 140.00 for it another friend of mine is getting one too. it is really nice and hope to start building it up this weekend.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2010
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
It's painful to see sometime.... But you stick to your design, improvement, Customer Service and parts, and in long run, that prevails.
Hope that helps!
..Ben
Thanks Ben.
timnilson is offline Find More Posts by timnilson
Old May 11, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,391 Posts
QA is banned...enough said!

Looking forward trying Tims ...seems like he would be around for support q
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
Old May 11, 2012, 05:37 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
4,997 Posts
Well I have nothing against either of them an i like both of the frames . And i wish Tim and QA the best with there frames. I am sure both will sell a lot of them. But on a side note. Just because QA is not on here any more doesn't mean he won't have support.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 14, 2012, 03:20 AM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Hi timnilson Is it possible to get a order to day? 200$ 250$ ?? for a frame
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old May 14, 2012, 06:41 AM
SpliceMILK, BeverlyHills,CA
Joined Feb 2011
1,200 Posts
Tim,
What is the approx. price for the Receiver Ready version?
(assembled w/the highend motors,ESC, props, etc....)
I already have a EzUHF tx/rx here.

PM me if you are still unsure of the ball park figure.
I can wait another month or so:-)
thanks much Tim.
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old May 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
Hi timnilson Is it possible to get a order to day? 200$ 250$ ?? for a frame
We are in full swing making parts for the first production run. I will soon open the pre-order process for you to reserve your kit out of this first run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
Tim,
What is the approx. price for the Receiver Ready version?
(assembled w/the highend motors,ESC, props, etc....)
I already have a EzUHF tx/rx here.

PM me if you are still unsure of the ball park figure.
I can wait another month or so:-)
thanks much Tim.
I have not had time to assemble a parts list with prices. The way we price RTF kits is that we take a "Bill of Materials" which includes the cost of all the parts we use and then add a "Sourcing, Build, and Tuning" fee to it that covers the time and effort aspect.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
549 Posts
I was able to run a vibration test with an iPhone and the "Vibration" app installed. I flew two hover flights with the QAV500 at about 6 feet inside. No wind, but maybe still a bit of ground effect and air being pushed around in the room. For one flight I strapped the iPhone to the top/clean part of the frame and during the other I strapped the iPhone to the dirty/bottom part of the frame. See the results of each in the below picture.

Old May 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
I was able to run a vibration test with an iPhone and the "Vibration" app installed. I flew two hover flights with the QAV500 at about 6 feet inside. No wind, but maybe still a bit of ground effect and air being pushed around in the room. For one flight I strapped the iPhone to the top/clean part of the frame and during the other I strapped the iPhone to the dirty/bottom part of the frame. See the results of each in the below picture.

That's COOL!
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old May 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post

Excellent!
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old May 18, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Price?

Any idea on the price?

Quote:
They have an M3 thread (that's very difficult to find on bobbins that exist out there), have an 8mm long stud
bobbins are not that hard to find
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUBBER-MOUNT...item2311667cd6

will you sell just the center pieces so i may use my 10mm aluminum arms? the frame could be modded to adapt to them.

It would appeal to the people that dont have a lot of $$.

Price?

Also a suggestion
have you thought about putting the board and battery underneath the quad arms. Less vibrations if the battery and camera were to hang vice sit on top of the quad. All your mass is putting pressure on those vibration mounts. If all the weight of the battery and cameras were under the "dirty" part it would truly be isolated. The motors putting upward force and the clean section using gravity to pull down. It would be interesting to see the difference.
rollinolin is offline Find More Posts by rollinolin
Last edited by rollinolin; May 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:39 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,528 Posts
interesting design. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
daign is online now Find More Posts by daign
Old May 18, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Oct 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
Also a suggestion
have you thought about putting the board and battery underneath the quad arms. Less vibrations if the battery and camera were to hang vice sit on top of the quad. All your mass is putting pressure on those vibration mounts. If all the weight of the battery and cameras were under the "dirty" part it would truly be isolated. The motors putting upward force and the clean section using gravity to pull down. It would be interesting to see the difference.
The bobbins are being used correctly in this case, they must always be used under compression, not suspension. You would need an entirely different mount for that purpose, such as a wire rope mount.

Orracle is offline Find More Posts by Orracle
Old May 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orracle View Post
The bobbins are being used correctly in this case, they must always be used under compression, not suspension. You would need an entirely different mount for that purpose, such as a wire rope mount.

I think your right in this case. The bobbins were meant to carry a load not the reverse. Thanks
rollinolin is offline Find More Posts by rollinolin
Old May 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Nov 2010
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orracle View Post

This is a great diagram! Thanks for sharing!