Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 02, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
It comes in at about 450g -- so a bit heavier than the HT FPV quad, but again, you fly it with bigger motors and bigger props. Can you fly the HT FPV quad with 10" props without seeing them in the GoPro picture?
holy smokes that things a tank! a sexy tank
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 12:34 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,661 Posts
I have to say this is a pretty frame! I really like the design and thinking behind it. However, as an aggressive FPV pilot myself with a slight tendency to crash I don't think those pretty arms would last long, initial cost may not be much of an issue but replacement cost is going to be! I would like to see this design with booms made out of readily available materials and then we're talkin!

Still, if it's not astronomically expensive I think I'm quite interested. Thanks for the tip BenHayat!

Paul
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old May 02, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Tim, have you tried it with HF Sport & Pro?
No, Naza is all I tried so far. I think I will try a simple KK Blackboard v5.5 for $20 -- I've been getting great results with these boards on my tricopters.
timnilson is offline Find More Posts by timnilson
Old May 02, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
I have to say this is a pretty frame! I really like the design and thinking behind it. However, as an aggressive FPV pilot myself with a slight tendency to crash I don't think those pretty arms would last long, initial cost may not be much of an issue but replacement cost is going to be! I would like to see this design with booms made out of readily available materials and then we're talkin!

Still, if it's not astronomically expensive I think I'm quite interested. Thanks for the tip BenHayat!

Paul
I wanted to design the two structures so that the motor/arms section was as flat as possible and then add a electronics fuselage that has a large 35mm clearance to mount any FC including the HK KK board that has the cables sticking up high. And then there is another 12mm of space between the two structures. Overall, the frame is still pretty low profile. I will sell replacement arms as well.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
holy smokes that things a tank! a sexy tank
Yes, it is a bit heavier, but supports large motors/props and big/heavy 4s Lipos (5000mah fit easily).

The HT FPV frame comes in at 390g -- so we're 60g above that, not too much considering the fact that this is really two separate structures, not just one.
Last edited by timnilson; May 02, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:55 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,088 Posts
Take a look at the connecting bolts of this:

V.S. This:

BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old May 02, 2012, 01:32 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
where can I buy some of those dampers? do you sell them?
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
Old May 02, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Apr 2004
133 Posts
Hi,

Yes, a little bit heavy but with 4006, or 4008 motors, should be a solid performer.

My t-copter no prop in the frame, and also a quad with pod in front, just like multiwiicopter products . But crashed last week and rebuild one now.

My new 600 size quad I use double decker too, just that the stable deck at below of the frame, coupled with industrial anti vibration rubber screw set. with landing gear attached,battery, and a 2 axis gimbal under the landing gear. The heavier the stable deck, the more stable it get. Quite bulky ......

I like your folder design, ( My mistake here, Non folding ? ) looks professional, compact and easy to transport.

Regards,

Ew

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
It comes in at about 450g -- so a bit heavier than the HT FPV quad, but again, you fly it with bigger motors and bigger props. Can you fly the HT FPV quad with 10" props without seeing them in the GoPro picture?
tru168 is offline Find More Posts by tru168
Last edited by tru168; May 02, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined May 2011
56 Posts
You can buy those bobbins off ebay, I use them on my tricopter for the under plate gopro mount. There normally used in rc boats engines.
Capello1986 is offline Find More Posts by Capello1986
Old May 02, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
where can I buy some of those dampers? do you sell them?
Yes, I will start to sell the mounts soon for my kits and anyone that wants to use them on their own kit(s). They use M3 threaded studs and a very specific durometer and material to work well for RC. They were so hard to find in this configuration that I designed my own and am producing them now.
Old May 02, 2012, 07:17 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,088 Posts
Tim, one question I had on the first post and I think you missed it, is regarding Landing Gear. Since right now without one, the copter can get exposed to anything it lands on like shallow water, mud or dirt and etc. What kind of LG are you planning?

Thanks!
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old May 02, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Tim, one question I had on the first post and I think you missed it, is regarding Landing Gear. Since right now without one, the copter can get exposed to anything it lands on like shallow water, mud or dirt and etc. What kind of LG are you planning?

Thanks!
Yes, the LG is not yet done. I am thinking about straight Fiber Glass tubes sticking down from the aluminum arms held on by a clamp. Still fine tuning this.
Last edited by timnilson; May 02, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
525 Posts
does it fold up?
fpvguy is offline Find More Posts by fpvguy
Old May 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvguy View Post
does it fold up?
No, it does not fold up.
Old May 04, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
562 Posts
QAV500 flight with 3 cameras at once in 1080p

Here is a new video that was shot with 3 cameras on the QAV500. 1 GoPro in 1080p, 1 GoPro in 720p (down), and one fpv flight cam.

QAV500 flight with 3 cameras (1 min 51 sec)