HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
That's how much Quad_Addict was selling his milled aluminum/acrylic frames for and I don't see much more material used here?
The kit is actually made up of 2 separate and isolated parts that are then connected via vibration bobbins. So you have a "dirty" and "clean" structure. The dirty part has the arms/motors/props and the "clean" part has all the cameras, FC, and other electronics. So we're not just cleaning up the video picture, but the FC performance as well. So it's 4 aluminum arms and 4 large machined G10 parts.
timnilson is offline Find More Posts by timnilson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Nov 2008
497 Posts
Quote:
That's how much Quad_Addict was selling his milled aluminum/acrylic frames for and I don't see much more material used here?
1080p jello free vid= priceless
Svede is offline Find More Posts by Svede
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More SeaBull
Old May 02, 2012, 12:47 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
The kit is actually made up of 2 separate and isolated parts that are then connected via vibration bobbins. So you have a "dirty" and "clean" structure. The dirty part has the arms/motors/props and the "clean" part has all the cameras, FC, and other electronics. So we're not just cleaning up the video picture, but the FC performance as well. So it's 4 aluminum arms and 4 large machined G10 parts.
I was just looking at that section:
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Last edited by BenHayat; Jan 10, 2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svede View Post
1080p jello free vid= priceless
Svede -- here is some 1080p footage recorded during the maiden flight in very windy conditions and old APC props... ok, enough excuses

QAV500 1080p Test Clip (0 min 54 sec)

I hope this shows that while the quad is being knocked around in the wind and the FC needs a bit more tuning, the video is clean.
Last edited by timnilson; May 02, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:53 AM
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Apr 2012
527 Posts
This is a tuf crowd to introduce a new multi rotor to. I congratulate you on the design. I hope it works out for you. Get some pricing posted and more videos, lets see what it can do.
Jeffem62 is offline Find More Posts by Jeffem62
Old May 02, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Apr 2004
136 Posts
Machined aluminum arm looks professional, its expensive but I like it . What is the weight of empty frame please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
This is a tuf crowd to introduce a new multi rotor to. I congratulate you on the design. I hope it works out for you. Get some pricing posted and more videos, lets see what it can do.
tru168 is offline Find More Posts by tru168
Old May 02, 2012, 01:05 AM
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Nov 2008
497 Posts
Hmmmm, it's taking a bit to upgrade to 1080. But, toss it around like this guy only in 1080. Aggressive maneuvering is where the real test is at, although using APC's is a pretty good test as well . Good video in hover unfortunately doesn't necessarily translate to good video the rest of the time.

FPV - drift (3 min 55 sec)
Svede is offline Find More Posts by Svede
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More SeaBull
Old May 02, 2012, 01:09 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svede View Post
Hmmmm, it's taking a bit to upgrade to 1080. But, toss it around like this guy only in 1080. Aggressive maneuvering is where the real test is at, although using APC's is a pretty good test as well . Good video in hover unfortunately doesn't necessarily translate to good video the rest of the time.
Wow, he is a good pilot!
Old May 02, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Wow, he is a good pilot!
Yes, he's very good! That's Juz70. He uses one of my other products (LayerLens).
Old May 02, 2012, 01:19 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Yes, he's very good! That's Juz70. He uses one of my other products (LayerLens).
Ah, is that crazy Jason? I love his flying style!
Old May 02, 2012, 01:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Svede -- here is some 1080p footage recorded during the maiden flight in very windy conditions and old APC props... ok, enough excuses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S12DhoF-7pU

I hope this shows that while the quad is being knocked around in the wind and the FC needs a bit more tuning, the video is clean.
Looks like standard Naza flying, wobblecity.
Nothing to do with the frame I'm sure.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru168 View Post
Machined aluminum arm looks professional, its expensive but I like it . What is the weight of empty frame please?
It comes in at about 450g -- so a bit heavier than the HT FPV quad, but again, you fly it with bigger motors and bigger props. Can you fly the HT FPV quad with 10" props without seeing them in the GoPro picture?
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
BTW, this is what I just wrote to a friend about this frame:

Quote:
But what I love he has done, is to create a layer between the arm attachment and where the electronics go and put some shock observant in there, like a car, that you're not directly connected to chassis. Very smart. And looks very solid.
Old May 02, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Looks like standard Naza flying, wobblecity.
Nothing to do with the frame I'm sure.
Yes, the naza has been a bit more wobbly than I expected. I dialed the gains up/down, but have yet to find the perfect number. Again, every time I flew it outside, it was super windy. The sidewalk clip was the only moment when the wind was not that strong... there will be lots of videos soon...
Old May 02, 2012, 01:29 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the naza has been a bit more wobbly than I expected. I dialed the gains up/down, but have yet to find the perfect number. Again, every time I flew it outside, it was super windy. The sidewalk clip was the only moment when the wind was not that strong... there will be lots of videos soon...
Tim, have you tried it with HF Sport & Pro?