HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
The backpac fits, but the thickness of the pack will be stickin off the front of the quad frame, no biggie. What do u want to use the pac for?
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:17 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
When is the QAV500 expected back in stock? It's looking to me like a good platform for the GoPro Hero 3

Is this frame "backpackable"? By that I mean, will it fit or attach to a normal sized backpack? I can't seem to find the dimensions any longer
I doubt it will fit into a backpack but you could definitely strap it to one.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
I would like to take it on hiking and snowboarding treks where its just not convenient to haul my larger AP rigs
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
When is the QAV500 expected back in stock? It's looking to me like a good platform for the GoPro Hero 3

Is this frame "backpackable"? By that I mean, will it fit or attach to a normal sized backpack? I can't seem to find the dimensions any longer
We moved our company to Florida, which was a major disruption that we're still recovering from. The last batch of pre-orders are almost all shipped out now. I hope to have some stock in the next few days. If you want to get an email alert when the stock is added, subscribe to the alert feature on the product page:

http://www.getfpv.com/qav500-fpv-quadcopter-frame.html
timnilson is offline Find More Posts by timnilson
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:57 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
lol wrong backpac... I can fit mine in my GS pack BUT the bobbins might not fare well considering they will be carrying a load from the side in the bag, shear strength is not thier forte
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Good point on the shear loading. Might have to strap that plate as well to take any shear load off of the isolators.

What is the plate thickness for the "clean" side plate?
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:29 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Just recieved my frame and motors!

Just finished the basic assembly of my QAV this afternoon. Waiting on one minor part to give it a go but,. I e-mailed Mr. Tim and he responded immediately. If anyone is concerned about customer support, shipping time or is hesitant to get this quad, have no fear. My experience has been great so far.

Here is a pic. Very excited to get it up and going. Too windy here in GA today anyways...

Blue Skies!
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Last edited by theSouthGA; Oct 28, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: sp
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
FPV Racer - N4FPV
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Sep 2009
858 Posts
Here's another Georgia QAV500 owner. Waiting on a camera from Tim over at RMRC and I'll be going up soon. Hope the wind dies down a bit.
Eddie James is offline Find More Posts by Eddie James
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CavCam, Inc.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James View Post
Here's another Georgia QAV500 owner. Waiting on a camera from Tim over at RMRC and I'll be going up soon. Hope the wind dies down a bit.
Well, you'll be super happy once you get everything together. Here's a bit of what you'll be experiencing!!!

Cheers!

Ultimate QAV500 FPV Montage (10 min 28 sec)
dslack67 is offline Find More Posts by dslack67
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67 View Post
Well, you'll be super happy once you get everything together. Here's a bit of what you'll be experiencing!!!

Cheers!

http://youtu.be/Zkg3B6uUMfs
Lemme guess...San Diego area off 15 fwy?

I'm I vegas and my shiny new QAV500 sits at home in a box waiting to be assembled :-(

Nice vid bro!

Cheers
Gideon1961 is online now Find More Posts by Gideon1961
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
Just finished the basic assembly of my QAV this afternoon. Waiting on one minor part to give it a go but,. I e-mailed Mr. Tim and he responded immediately. If anyone is concerned about customer support, shipping time or is hesitant to get this quad, have no fear. My experience has been great so far.

Here is a pic. Very excited to get it up and going. Too windy here in GA today anyways...

Blue Skies!
Very nice and clean build. Thanks for what you said about me too

If you have any jello issues, you might want to consider Graupner E-Props 10x5 instead of your current Slow Flyers.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Awesome video Dave! I left a comment on the video as well. Thanks for putting it together!!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67 View Post

Cheers!

http://youtu.be/Zkg3B6uUMfs
How much flight time with 4000mah 4S Lipo
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Yeah the slow flyers are just for show. I have some 10" Eprops but my prop adapters wont fit inside them. The center diameter is about 1mm smaller in diameter than my 9" Eprops. I dont get it. I might have to find a graupner adapter? I thought they were all pretty much the same. I have a prop reamer but it fits inside the 10's perfectly already....
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
Yeah the slow flyers are just for show. I have some 10" Eprops but my prop adapters wont fit inside them. The center diameter is about 1mm smaller in diameter than my 9" Eprops. I dont get it. I might have to find a graupner adapter? I thought they were all pretty much the same. I have a prop reamer but it fits inside the 10's perfectly already....
Here are the Graupner adapters you're looking for:

http://www.getfpv.com/propellers.html?manufacturer=129