SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Sweet, but what's your lipo voltage after landing?

Also did you get a chance to send my frame out?

This is my long weekends. Anxiously waiting
Under load and still up in the air, the voltage was 14.2. Once landed, the voltage moved back up to 14.6. Both safe levels.
timnilson is offline Find More Posts by timnilson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkappirossi View Post
Not very realistic Tim. Now try a normal froward flight and some full throttle burst to see how fast it is with all that huge weight.
What's not realistic? The video is what it is -- a typical hover time test. If you want to compare set up and times, you always just hover as that is the only flight pattern that everyone can replicate and compare against. I think all readers here understand that the time will go down if you fly more aggressively.

What do you mean by the "huge weight"? The FPV gear we put on this frame (like 2 GoPros, etc) or the fact that the frame is larger and 140g heavier than the HT-FPV frame or 40g heavier than the Discovery frame, or that the total AUW this frame easily supports can be as much as 2KG and above depending on your build and gear?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
The set up in the time trial hover video that got me to 14:30 in flight time was:

1.) 5000mah 4s lipo
2.) Tiger MT-4006 motors
3.) Graupner E-Prop 10x5
4.) Naza FC without GPS (flown in atti mode and not well tuned -- hence the wobbles)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
The set up in the time trial hover video that got me to 14:30 in flight time was:

1.) 5000mah 4s lipo
2.) Tiger MT-4006 motors
3.) Graupner E-Prop 10x5
4.) Naza FC without GPS (flown in atti mode and not well tuned -- hence the wobbles)
here's me waiting for your FM motor to be in stock
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
here's me waiting for your FM motor to be in stock
The FM-4008 should be in stock tomorrow! DHL package is in NYC and to be delivered in the AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
What's not realistic? The video is what it is -- a typical hover time test. If you want to compare set up and times, you always just hover as that is the only flight pattern that everyone can replicate and compare against. I think all readers here understand that the time will go down if you fly more aggressively.

What do you mean by the "huge weight"? The FPV gear we put on this frame (like 2 GoPros, etc) or the fact that the frame is larger and 140g heavier than the HT-FPV frame or 40g heavier than the Discovery frame, or that the total AUW this frame easily supports can be as much as 2KG and above depending on your build and gear?
Yes, but aren't you the one that manages the MR. lifter compo? you know as wel as me that that video of yours wil not pass. Why? because you recorded it onboard and could have smuggled with everything or it could be even an intire different copter!

So, don't give me that crap saying users wil know, no!! because for newbies that is deciving. They wil think they can fly 14minutes! it's just deciving, becasue if i look on youtube the average flight time of a qav is 5/6 minutes.

huge weight for a frame only. your qav weighs 537gram! it could have been a tank. lol. I even think the tbs is heavy for only 2 sheets and 4 arms. but that's my oppinion!

Sorry for the flame, but someone has to let the newbies know the truth and i gues i'm it.

And i wil continue doing so, because for me it's more like competition about who's got the best frame, EVEN THOUGH I'AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING, so let that be clear. Look http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/12600-open-frames/
jbkappirossi is offline Find More Posts by jbkappirossi
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkappirossi View Post
Yes, but aren't you the one that manages the MR. lifter compo? you know as wel as me that that video of yours wil not pass. Why? because you recorded it onboard and could have smuggled with everything or it could be even an intire different copter!

So, don't give me that crap saying users wil know, no!! because for newbies that is deciving. They wil think they can fly 14minutes! it's just deciving, becasue if i look on youtube the average flight time of a qav is 5/6 minutes.

huge weight for a frame only. your qav weighs 537gram! it could have been a tank. lol. I even think the tbs is heavy for only 2 sheets and 4 arms. but that's my oppinion!

Sorry for the flame, but someone has to let the newbies know the truth and i gues i'm it.

And i wil continue doing so, because for me it's more like competition about who's got the best frame, EVEN THOUGH I'AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING, so let that be clear. Look http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/12600-open-frames/
What truth do you think you are letting the 'newbies' know? The video I made of the QAV500 was for me to time a flight with a 5000mah 4s. You are implying that I am trying to deceive people -- you realize that much I hope. Anyone can put the same configuration of the QAV500 together and get to the exact same hover time of 14:30. It's really very straight forward -- not sure why you don't understand how this works. If you fly more aggressively, time will go down. Very simple.

The reason why most videos of the QAV500 are 5-8 minutes is that it's plenty of time for most flights -- just look at the pros who fly with the QAV500. If you don't like the frame, that's ok with me as I told you over at OP. I think I addressed your weight question previously, so no need to repeat it.

Here is one nice flight flown with the QAV500 without any edits... that's a nice long flight. It's faster than most quadcopter videos I've seen and the 1080p HD video is rock solid -- the signature of the QAV500 design.

FPV - super cool (5 min 17 sec)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Another great video by Juz flown with the QAV500 in extremely windy conditions. Even shows him crashing and working on his 2 QAV500 frames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zheGp6nK7dQ
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2012
297 Posts
Hey there Tim....

Im wrapped with my qav500....

I wish for another....
I see you cant pay first and order one anymore on yr web site????
Any idea when more stock will arrive?

Regards Peter
Plumbr is offline Find More Posts by Plumbr
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbr View Post
Hey there Tim....

Im wrapped with my qav500....

I wish for another....
I see you cant pay first and order one anymore on yr web site????
Any idea when more stock will arrive?

Regards Peter
This week I believe he said on OP
memorylasts is offline Find More Posts by memorylasts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
I just re-opened the Pre-Order for the QAV500 frames:
http://www.getfpv.com/featured/qav50...ter-frame.html
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:39 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Hows it lookin for nx motor shafts?

Holy Smokes man, finally had a chance to chango over to my suppo 2814/8 1000kv since i have a busted shaft on my pancakes. Before on the nx 4008 i would get a decent oscillation near 3/4 full stick and 10" apc sloflyers, Bolted on some 9" apc sloflys nad the suppos and it scares me lol. This thing was fast before but now its pretty retarded, full throttle punches straight up like nothing, no shakes, ridiculous forward speed, now i need to find the sweet spot on gains for manual mode....
Wow

A whole new heli
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Last edited by elliott000; Sep 17, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Nov 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Hows it lookin for nx motor shafts?

Holy Smokes man, finally had a chance to chango over to my suppo 2814/8 1000kv since i have a busted shaft on my pancakes. Before on the nx 4008 i would get a decent oscillation near 3/4 full stick and 10" apc sloflyers, Bolted on some 9" apc sloflys nad the suppos and it scares me lol. This thing was fast before but now its pretty retarded, full throttle punches straight up like nothing, no shakes, ridiculous forward speed, now i need to find the sweet spot on gains for manual mode....
Wow

A whole new heli
I have the shafts, but no more of the 'c' clips for this size shaft. I might start selling the shafts without the c clip for the time being.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,600 Posts
@Tim
Have you ever considered a similar quad or Y6 with folding arms? I really like the well thought out design but for me the overall size is too large to fit in my transport cases which is a must for me.

The multicopters available now with folding arms are either to large even after folding and have too small mounting area for equipment. Your concept is very good but would be awesome IMO if it could break down into a smaller size for transport. Preferable without having to loosen screws etc. Maybe interlocking mechanisms on the arms instead of folding? The ideal would (I think) to keep your original mid section but have another set of detachable/folding arms if the customer prefers this instead of the ones ou have now.

Just a few ideas... I know me and some others are looking for this. I'll be a volontary beta tester if you decide to try this.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:29 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
@Tim
Have you ever considered a similar quad or Y6 with folding arms? I really like the well thought out design but for me the overall size is too large to fit in my transport cases which is a must for me.

The multicopters available now with folding arms are either to large even after folding and have too small mounting area for equipment. Your concept is very good but would be awesome IMO if it could break down into a smaller size for transport. Preferable without having to loosen screws etc. Maybe interlocking mechanisms on the arms instead of folding? The ideal would (I think) to keep your original mid section but have another set of detachable/folding arms if the customer prefers this instead of the ones ou have now.

Just a few ideas... I know me and some others are looking for this. I'll be a volontary beta tester if you decide to try this.
I too would be very interested in a redundant fpv solution.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign