SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
Rant
Email from Castle

So they reply and say my 160HV ESC is ready,but I owe them 50.00!!This was a brand new Controller that failed the 2nd time I powered it up,did not even get over half throttle when it died...Is there a contact of a person to get a hold of there?It was in new condition,no burn damage/crash damage(never left the ground)no over amp damage ect...For a controller to be 1 week old,I did not expect to have to shell out another 50.00 bucks on it.....
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,627 Posts
Call sales and they will make it right. I saw another post from someone that had the same thing happen. When they called they found that it was a mistake made by one of their new hires.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old May 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
You were correct!They said they will be shipping me one as soon as they have them in stock....I guess thats ok,wonder why they just dont ship mine back if they fixed it though...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Did they say when the 160 would back in stock? I need to send in my slightly cooked 160.
yellowbird2800 is offline Find More Posts by yellowbird2800
Old May 03, 2012, 03:42 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
No,I can understand the issue though,It does look like they are trying to take care of the situation,its just a rather large one it seems....
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 02:52 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
You were correct!They said they will be shipping me one as soon as they have them in stock....I guess thats ok,wonder why they just dont ship mine back if they fixed it though...
Probably too toasted....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 06, 2012, 02:22 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
OHHHHH Sheesh!!!!!!!!
I was looking at my emails,and clicked on the invoice from Castle agia.
It appears my CRT monitor is not as clear or my eyes may be going a little!
There was no charge for repairs, it says I owe $0.00 Now on my screen,you cannot really see the line through dollar sign,it looks more like a curvy 5.I blew it up to 150% and its more apparent,still no line but a small mark above and below dollar sign.It might be the font they use for form,either way it fooled me! I emailed them back and explained this.So, it looks like Castle DOES take care of customers as most have said, rather glad I re looked at the invoice...my bad!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 02:25 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
Quote:
OHHHHH Sheesh!!!!!!!!
I was looking at my emails,and clicked on the invoice from Castle agia.
It appears my CRT monitor is not as clear or my eyes may be going a little!
There was no charge for repairs, it says I owe $0.00 Now on my screen,you cannot really see the line through dollar sign,it looks more like a curvy 5.I blew it up to 150% and its more apparent,still no line but a small mark above and below dollar sign.It might be the font they use for form,either way it fooled me! I emailed them back and explained this.So, it looks like Castle DOES take care of customers as most have said, rather glad I re looked at the invoice...my bad!
These kind of things happen...at least you were "man enough" to post it here, and I am sure Castle appreciates it....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 03:03 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
Well, I try and do the right thing....I am far from perfect!When I type the $ here, i can tell what it is,I tried to copy my invoice to here to show what it looks like,it changed it to what mine look like,so maybee it is a font thing...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
Quote:
Well, I try and do the right thing....I am far from perfect!When I type the $ here, i can tell what it is,I tried to copy my invoice to here to show what it looks like,it changed it to what mine look like,so maybee it is a font thing...
Probably...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member