HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by elvill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2012, 04:14 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Discussion
VMX Update offers Teachable Moment

I want to learn the bike. Be able to take it apart and fix whenever it breaks. But I don't want to work on it if its not a complete bike.

I thought by overpaying and communicating often with the seller he would send me a used but complete bike... don't assume TRUST, always inspect and count every screw. Upon further inspection Im missing side bar screws too?!?!? Must have vibrated those out also, cough... (hor$e$hit)!

either way, INSPECT the item very well before use. Sure I ran the bike in the grass and in some nice straightaways to get balance but not for more than 45minutes total.

I have cheapest HK charger would take several hours to charge 1 discharged lipo - instead ran for 3-5minutes gently then recharged lipo again. Until the hard bashing of the park video {sarcasm} No way 45minutes vibrate out 8+ screws, my bad for not inspecting. All this said - I sent whole bike to Venom Support! Chris Nicastro has been awesome - encouraged me to fix myself... Will update cost of fixing damage to bike due to missing or vibrated screws.
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Last edited by elvill; May 02, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts