Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your input on the question of 3d today. As much as i love lukes creation, i think i'll wait a couple of months, let him iron out the kinks, can't wait though.
And after watching captain3d's latest video and what he achieves with the 3d cam and evg's, i have been convinced. I'm now waiting for a box from ng hobbies and evg's from china. all in for abit under 600 bucks...

That rift system looks interesting, who is going to build a converter for that.....
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
933 Posts
let us know when it all arrives whizz. I can help if you have set up questions.

phil
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:45 PM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
933 Posts
I build a foam core box for my camera...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=33
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:53 AM
Germany
Joined Dec 2012
182 Posts
Phil,

I have (accidently) found a desciption of an 3D-FPV cam on the Internet on a Russian site:

http://www.zhopper.narod.ru/3dcam/index.htm

Optically this cam seems to resemble the 3D-FPV camera of EMRLabs. What do you think? The translation of the text with Google-Translator works sufficiently to understand that it makes field-sequential 3d video.

There is also a short overview of 3d-goggles supporting that kind of 3d-video at http://www.zhopper.narod.ru/3dcam/glasses.htm
KritzelKratzel is offline Find More Posts by KritzelKratzel
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:47 PM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
933 Posts
Those cameras look interesting. I don't know if they are prototypes or just someone else doing interesting work. They are very close to the 3D FPV CAM and I agree that EVG 920v are the best goggles for field sequential 3D.

Field sequential is each video field (50 PAL/60 NTSC) being drawn alternately from each eyes camera. I don't know if there is a rule about which eye is drawn to which field because my goggles allow me to switch if it is the wrong way. Each line of pixels is either from the left or right camera and alternates down the frame. So really you are only getting half the res in height but full width. I uploaded a mini dv clip here...

http://captain3d.com/temp/interlaced_3d.mov

phil
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
thanks phil,
looks like the cam and 13ghz stuff'll be here soon(NG hobbies are good), but seems like i'm gonna have to wait a bit for the goggles.......
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:36 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
hi, i know that i'm off topic but I just received a FPV goggles from HK for 350 dollars and it says Boscam GS920 on the box. I've been searching for info on this goggles on the net but couldn't find anything about setting up the head tracking on this. I'm trying to get the head tracking working but don't know where to start. I have a Futaba T8FG and using R6008HS RX. i know the manual said to use channel 5 and 6 but i'd like to use channel 6 and 7 cuz i need channel 5 for autolevel on my KK2 board. any help would be appreciated, thanks
BouncingProtos is offline Find More Posts by BouncingProtos
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:56 AM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingProtos View Post
hi, i know that i'm off topic
Yes you are. Sorry cant help.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:08 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,960 Posts
Perhaps your trainer menu is not set correctly:
in the TRAINER page menu, you must have all channel to OFF, only the channels you want to use for the headtracker must be set to FUNC. To activate th eheadtracker, you must also toggle the trainer switch, normally people use a rubber band to hold the switch because this switch have a spring and will not hold without your finger stay on it.

you must think like if the headtracker is a student on your side, you give him the control of only two channels when you flip the switch trainer and you (the instructor) kept control of all the others channels
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
Perhaps your trainer menu is not set correctly:
in the TRAINER page menu, you must have all channel to OFF, only the channels you want to use for the headtracker must be set to FUNC. To activate th eheadtracker, you must also toggle the trainer switch, normally people use a rubber band to hold the switch because this switch have a spring and will not hold without your finger stay on it.

you must think like if the headtracker is a student on your side, you give him the control of only two channels when you flip the switch trainer and you (the instructor) kept control of all the others channels
Thanks alot VRflyer. I didnt have a clue how headtracking work until you charmed in. Is there a link that will help me on setting it up? Thanks again
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:13 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,960 Posts
I don't remember. The best is to ask the same question on the FPV forum, several members have better memory than me and will help you
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
I don't remember. The best is to ask the same question on the FPV forum, several members have better memory than me and will help you
I will do that! Thankyou for everything!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
hello! I am new to fpv and i am a fresh owner of a vuzix av920 glasses. I made the fw update to support the newest 3Dformats (side by side). I am thinking of geting into 3D fpv flying, but I noticed that on low signal my glasses give me the blue screen I have a quadcopter (450 size from rctimer) and I cannot find anything on how to hack the glasses to show static on signal drop. I only found 2 solutions on this like getting a time based correctod or something like this, or to use a dvr recorder between the vRx and the glasses. Which costs around 100$. Please help me out if you know a cheaper soulution, because I am low on budget. Thank you and sorry if I am off topic. (I saw my glasses model on the first page of the tread so I was thinking that you know something about bypassing the BSOD). Have a nice day!
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:44 AM
------------------------
Joined Jan 2012
933 Posts
The blue screen is a problem and there is no easy way around it other than what you have found. Also the 3D FPV CAM does not support a side x side format. It uses field sequential which works with the EVG 920V goggles.

phil
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:42 AM
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
The blue screen is a problem and there is no easy way around it other than what you have found. Also the 3D FPV CAM does not support a side x side format. It uses field sequential which works with the EVG 920V goggles.

phil
Thanks, I guess I will stick to a mini DVR, although I hope I can find a cheaper solution. The Vuzix AV920 glasses do support field sequential 3D as I know, lucky me
Anybody else if knows a solution for eliminating the blue screen, I await your tips.
Thank you!
PS: I saw somewhere that the myvu glasses were hacked by shorting two pins on the motherboard. This method would be the best, because no custom FW is made for the Vuzix AV920 like that for the Headplay goggles.
Also I received a mail from the Vuzix customer support that they cannot help me and to ask around the forums.
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto