HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
Discussion
New JR XG-11 not compatible with any JR DSM or Spektrum DSM2 Rx?

Just reading some of the info on the new JR XG-11 transmitter.

Ominous last line,
*DMSS technology is not compatible with JR DSM or Spektrum DSM2 or DSMX equipment.

Looks like JR have gone to frequency hopping like Futaba FASST.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...e=May+1st+SEFF
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; May 01, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 02:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,873 Posts
Just like DSMX

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
Well the press release says it's NOT compatible with DSMX either. So if you buy this new JR radio, you have to buy all new receivers, too.
Old May 01, 2012, 02:56 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Why would you want it to work with DSM2 and DSMX?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old May 01, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
because I have a lot of Spektrum DSM2 receivers. In the past, JR Transmitters would work with Spektrum receivers.
Old May 01, 2012, 03:05 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
824 Posts
This really isn't 'news', JR released DMSS radios during 2010, the rest of the world has been dealing with this happily ever since.

If you want a JR made Spektrum compatible radio then you still have several choices, just don't buy the JR XG DMSS radios and you'll still be able to use your old Spektrum receivers.
Telrin is offline Find More Posts by Telrin
Old May 01, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
Well, ok. I didn't know that JR were releasing transmitters that aren't backward compatible with their own (or Spektrum) Rxs. The JR XG-11 looks like a nice Transmitter.

All this splintering into, JR DSM , Spektrum DSM2, DSMX and now DMSS radio protocols doesn't bode well for the industry.

I guess I will stick with the Futaba 8FG I bought last year.
Old May 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Well, ok. I didn't know that JR were releasing transmitters that aren't backward compatible with their own (or Spektrum) Rxs. The JR XG-11 looks like a nice Transmitter.

All this splintering into, JR DSM , Spektrum DSM2, DSMX and now DMSS radio protocols doesn't bode well for the industry.

Awesome, you can use it with Futabas new S-FHSS and FASSTest receivers,..... oh wait

Cant you just get a JR 11X zero and have telemetry with the DMSS module and DSM2 with the DSM2 module ?
I thought with the latest update its pretty much an XG11 anyways.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old May 01, 2012, 05:37 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post

Can't stop progress.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old May 01, 2012, 08:02 PM
Bath, Ontario
Joined Sep 2007
216 Posts
Model Match with DMSS

I copied the text below from the XG11 manual. I like the idea of being able to have two or more set ups for the same model. The following link is from the JR web site and shows an image of the FSST and Spread Spektrum. I got an XG8 last week, going to get an XG11. Very very nice system.

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/new...ts.php?no=1169

Model Link Bind (MODEL LINK BIND )
By default, model link bind is turned on. With model link bind turned on, the bound receiver will only respond to the model memory it was bound to. This is to avoid any risk of flying a model with the wrong model number selected in the transmitter. This function is for safety, however it is possible to turn this function off for selected model numbers. . With model link bind turned off, the receiver is bound generically to the transmitter. If you turn model link bind off for two models, the receiver will respond to both these model memories without requiring re- binding. Model link bind is turned "ON" by default - be sure to re-bind the model number if you decide to turn this function off.
TIPS
With, for example, model link bind turned off for model memories 2 and 3, it is possible to have model 2 as a ‘calm day’ setup, and model 3 as a ‘windy day setup’ for the same model, and swap between these without re-binding.
cloudniner is offline Find More Posts by cloudniner
Last edited by cloudniner; May 01, 2012 at 08:09 PM.