HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Waltec, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, OH, Hudson
Joined Feb 2000
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Sold
Hanger 9 46 size HAN4350 Cub arf for sale, plane + nice tailwheel, RTF. $120 OBO

Correction(s)...I wrote originially wrote this post from memory...I looked at the cub a bit closer when taking pics and it reminded me of a couple of things, please read the post again:

It comes with Klett not Sullivan tailwheel. It is the airplane only, set up for 70 size OS 4 Stroke. Flew great in its day (maybe 25 flights, likely less)...has been a man cave decoration (on "loan" to a buddy on another state) for 7 years or so.

Never crashed.

Was going to mount floats but don't have time.

I'd rate it a 7 leaning towards 8 out of 10.

I've reinforced the wheel mounts because I did have them fold up. The ARF build was ply butt glued to balsa...these were destined to fold up especially if landing on grass. You can see from the pics, I hope, that now you could catch this plane by the wheels and it wouldn't be the gear that gives way. That being said, it was very light scrap balsa I used to reinforce the gear box so the weight gain was minimized. I am a builder by preference so the repair is tough to see.

You'll see that the gear bungees are hanging loose, this is because the rubber bands dry rotted away. It is just a matter of putting new ones on and this will look very scale.

The plane is a little dusty, there is one matching ultracoat patch of a pinhole in the ultracote, otherwise this is a solid plane ready to fly.

A 3 yr old and a 2 month old means putting this plane back in the air is a dream, not a likelihood. Otherwise, I'd be hanging on to it.

I live in the Akron, Ohio area, will drive 20 miles or so for the right price. $120 or best offer.

Pick up only. I wish I could ship it but the wingspan is 81" and the empennage is big...crating and shipping would cost a fortune.
Waltec is offline Find More Posts by Waltec
Last edited by Waltec; May 02, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 12:28 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Ahhh this is the one I want! No shipping at all?
purcilas is online now Find More Posts by purcilas
Old May 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Feb 2000
5 Posts
Sorry, you wouldn't want to pay what it would cost to pack and ship this airplane in its completed state.
Old May 02, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, OH, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2011
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
How far down 77 will 20 miles take you? Im interested but the only time I can make it that way is Saturday evening and I know it cant be all the way to Akron. I live in Lancaster OH..
CardiacKid74 is offline Find More Posts by CardiacKid74
Old May 02, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2000
5 Posts
You're about 160 miles away from me. 20 miles takes me to Uniontown or so. How late on Saturday are you thinking?
Closed Thread