SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2012, 09:20 AM
Smoke on , go !
zaguruinzasky's Avatar
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying View Post
here the is canopy schematic for your reference
hope it good to your understanding of it
The canopy is fantastic, just don't underestimate the importance of transparency and quality, this should not be a common airplane canopy, should be a specifically manufactured canopy for filming... (in my dreams).
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky View Post
The canopy is fantastic, just don't underestimate the importance of transparency and quality, this should not be a common airplane canopy, should be a specifically manufactured canopy for filming... (in my dreams).
yes, for filming (also in my mind)
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
finwing universeye_Penuins FPV airplane launching

Here is the specification :
Wingspan: 1720MM/67.7inch
Length: 1230MM/48.5inch
Wing Area: 36dm/3.9ft2 (Mainwing Area)
Motor: Brushless motor M2220 Kv1350 or M2815 KV1280

ESC: 40A for M2220 or 60A for M2815

Servo: 3pcs 17g servo+ 1pcs 9g servo.

Battery: Li-Po 11.1V 2400 mAh for M2220 and 5000mAh for M2815
ARF Weight: 0.98kg/34.6oz.ARF is the weight including almost ready to fly, not including battery and your extra FPV devices

Static Thrust: Motor M2220 1.5Kg/53.0oz.

Motor M2815 1.95kg/69oz,

Payload: 500-900G/17.7-31.8oz (Payload is the extra weight it can carry besides the standard ARF weight)
Material: EPO Wing and fuselage/ Wooden rib reinforcement/ aluminum alloy pipe

for more info you can visit:
http://www.finwinghobby.com/index.aspx

video will be uploaded right now...
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Do you have any plans to sell bigger version of the plane for longer flight? Perhaps something of size as Skywalker or a bit bigger? I love flying big UAVs
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Do you have any plans to sell bigger version of the plane for longer flight? Perhaps something of size as Skywalker or a bit bigger? I love flying big UAVs
do you means flight weight upto 2.5-3.0kg (5.5-6.6IB) ?
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2009
282 Posts
can you use a 4s 5000mah in this plane? the same battery in a skywalker. Thanks
Taiping is offline Find More Posts by Taiping
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:21 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
video

Airplane Running take-off
Flight weight 1.4kg (49.5oz)/. Without any flight stabilizations
Brushless motor M2220 ESC 40A./ Battery 11.1V 2200mAh/ Propeller 9050 3 Blade or visit www.finwinghobby.com for more

Gliding performance is very good, we tested and gliding without power out for more than 3 minutes, gliding until landing .please watch the second half of the video shown gliding performance.

Finwing Universeye_Penguin FPV Airplane launching.wmv (5 min 6 sec)
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiping View Post
can you use a 4s 5000mah in this plane? the same battery in a skywalker. Thanks
our standard motor KV is 1350 and 1280. so the voltage is better at 11.1V, battery recommended 2400mAh-5000mAh, if you have 6000mAh is also no problem, the airplane's fuselage it big enought to eat it..

we don't tested the motor with 4S so far now, if you use 4S, the voltage is 14.8V, the rotate speed might be too fast in theory.
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:29 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying View Post
our standard motor KV is 1350 and 1280. so the voltage is better at 11.1V, battery recommended 2400mAh-5000mAh, if you have 6000mAh is also no problem, the airplane's fuselage it big enought to eat it..

we don't tested the motor with 4S so far now, if you use 4S, the voltage is 14.8V, the rotate speed might be too fast in theory.
or perhaps you can DIY to mout you own motor
hope this motor mount schematic is good to your understding:
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Last edited by Atflying; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Nice, do you know how much this plane will cost? And what will be included in the cost? Motor? Servo?

Thanks.
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Nice, do you know how much this plane will cost? And what will be included in the cost? Motor? Servo?

Thanks.
there are kits version and ARF version all available,

Kits version not include motor, servo, ESC

do you know how much this plane will cost? which one do you mean? the bigger UAV one as you said by last post?
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
The one being presented on this forum topic. Do you have plan for a bigger one also, that can take up to 2-4kg?
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
The one being presented on this forum topic. Do you have plan for a bigger one also, that can take up to 2-4kg?
got it, you may send a Email to ask our marketing dep. by visit www.finwinghobby.com
this airplane flight weight what we recommended is 1.5-1.9kg.
M2220 for 1.5kg/ M2815 for 1.9kg
concerned about your lovely 2-4kg, we will take this into consideration, for example if this airplane Universeye_Penuins's winspan is upto 2.0-2.5M, the flight weight may upto 2.5 -3.0 kg. or perhaps bigger wing chord airfoil design which has a 2.0m wingspan may also support 2.5-3.0kg flight weight .
but it haven't been defined, we need more marketing information support...
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying View Post
got it, you may send a Email to ask our marketing dep. by visit www.finwinghobby.com
this airplane flight weight what we recommended is 1.5-1.9kg.
M2220 for 1.5kg/ M2815 for 1.9kg
concerned about your lovely 2-4kg, we will take this into consideration, for example if this airplane Universeye_Penuins's winspan is upto 2.0-2.5M, the flight weight may upto 2.5 -3.0 kg. or perhaps bigger wing chord airfoil design which has a 2.0m wingspan may also support 2.5-3.0kg flight weight .
but it haven't been defined, we need more marketing information support...
hello...could you post the pricing please.
TY
rbt
rbtgold is offline Find More Posts by rbtgold
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Atflying's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
power system tesing

as below is the power system testing record by finwinghobby


1 testing voltage is based on fully charged (12.4V-12.5V) li-poly battery.
2.M2220 Recommended battery capacity at least >2400mAh 30C Discharge 60C Burst
3.M2815 Recommended battery capacity at least >5000mAh/ ESC:60A
M2220 is Standard package on sales. M2815 is upgrading package for user options only

quoted from
www. finwinghobby.com

by reference of this, it would better for user to settle your own power system
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Last edited by Atflying; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product CarbonCore Multicopters for FPV & Aerial Photography Carbon Core Aerial Photography 55 May 12, 2013 10:48 PM
Discussion FPV/Aerial Photography with a purpose.... ApachePilot Aerial Photography 0 Dec 31, 2011 06:49 PM
Discussion Aerial Photography / FPV scratch Slow Stick daronj Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 6 Nov 09, 2011 09:03 PM
Build Log Cheap Aerial Photography and FPV Quadcopter srthomas218 Multirotor Talk 30 Nov 08, 2011 11:19 PM
Build Log Cheap Aerial Photography and FPV Quadcopter srthomas218 Radios 0 Oct 09, 2011 12:50 AM