HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Looks really smooth in flight Are you going to send few for review?
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Another feature request:

Being able to have GoPro on the plane. Perhaps having space for GoPro and FPV camera together. On the Skywalker I'm going to put GoPro pod with the FPV cam on top of it. I guess the glass would need to come off if you want to have both.

Another request: Fly test the model with GoPro, FPV camera and give us report on how long you could fly :-)

Last request: Windy condition, how will it handle wind? Would be awesome to see video on that too.

Thanks!
it does have enought space for two camera, no problem, the last couple of days' testing all took two camera,
concerned about "glass" the bottom glass make no difference no matter take off or keep it ,because this place it good to place a big camera and will nevery damage your camera even if airplane crashed! ! hope it will nevery happen,
concerned about the top canopy, we are going to make this canopy as transparent as it can, what we wish to do is to keep it and do not take off.

wow, the last two: distance/ windy day fly.

currently I do not to take flgiht stabilization, so I fly it as long as I can see, most of the time circle cruiseing, but we do will try flight autopilot .

windy day, I personally really don't recommended windy day fly,
to a certain extent if the airplane's airfoil's lift coefficient is good
can have good payload and gliding better, it means the wind will also give advantage or disadvantage to it, these day here always windy day, but I have no way , also have to fly and testing, there is one suggestion: be carefull of side wind, the back and front wind is not so dangerous as side wind.

anyway got your point , we will record some windy day flight video to share with hobby friends
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Old May 03, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Looks really smooth in flight Are you going to send few for review?
no, we have better one,ha.....
I mean the beautifull finished airplane is coming out
what will be uploaded should be cool more..
Old May 03, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
runway take off

the first time when we fly the finished Universye_Penuins, I try to runway take off, it surprised all of us, very beautifull...

I even can't wait to upload this video to share it with you.

finwing Universeye_Penguin first time running take off.wmv (0 min 59 sec)
Old May 04, 2012, 01:34 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
perfect running take off....

Nice....
CS WIN is offline Find More Posts by CS WIN
Old May 04, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS WIN View Post
perfect running take off....

Nice....
photo shot from the video
Old May 04, 2012, 02:39 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Looks great in concept but it appears to be "dragging it's tail" in low speed flight (the tail is down and the nose is up), that's not great for aerial video or fpv flight really ?
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 04, 2012, 03:09 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Looks great in concept but it appears to be "dragging it's tail" in low speed flight (the tail is down and the nose is up), that's not great for aerial video or fpv flight really ?
double investigation, it's not dragging, put on throttle, the speed is good enought for video piloting, but it does did't designed for fast fly or aerobatic flight , with middle speed, good wing lift coefficient, stable and good gliding is the main design points, the relatively longer tail boom design is for sake of avoiding crash form airplane stall , it can save the airplane once encountered big attack stall, it's a take off video, looks like nose up is necessary for climbing
Old May 04, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying View Post
double investigation, it's not dragging, put on throttle, the speed is good enought for video piloting, but it does did't designed for fast fly or aerobatic flight , with middle speed, good wing lift coefficient, stable and good gliding is the main design points, the relatively longer tail boom design is for sake of avoiding crash form airplane stall , it can save the airplane once encountered big attack stall, it's a take off video, looks like nose up is necessary for climbing
appreciated anyway, your comments is what the designer have to double investigation when they start to design a new airplane, we did investigated into it
there is a old saying: You cannot burn the candle at both ends.. if you want the airpalen fly easy and hand-free fly, it means the airplane can not fly quite aerobatic and fast, their airfoil design is absolutely differently.
Old May 04, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Apr 2012
328 Posts
This plane looks great ...
wayneuk is online now Find More Posts by wayneuk
Old May 04, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneuk View Post
This plane looks great ...
appreciated, more information is under preparations, supposed to be uploaded couple of hours later, please keep eye on it
Old May 04, 2012, 07:23 AM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Nice one, some requests:
  • Make a quality clear canopy, a good polycarbonate canopy not just simple plastic, we want our videos to look nice, not like looking inside an empty bottle of Coke.

• Is there space for GoPro pan&Tilt inside the canopy ?

• I suggest a dedicated space for receiver, away from other components, especially Lipos and Esc

• Sell spare canopies for multiple cameras setup, sometime we just fly a square camera for fun, sometime we want to record the flight with a gopro on Pan&Tilt. having two canopies with everything installed could be a good solution.
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old May 04, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky View Post
Nice one, some requests:
  • Make a quality clear canopy, a good polycarbonate canopy not just simple plastic, we want our videos to look nice, not like looking inside an empty bottle of Coke.

• I suggest a dedicated space for receiver, away from other components, especially Lipos and Esc

• Sell spare canopies for multiple cameras setup, sometime we just fly a square camera for fun, sometime we want to record the flight with a gopro on Pan&Tilt. having two canopies with everything installed could be a good solution.
thanks great your simple but professional comments,

we have two camera place, the top is for long distance view, the bottom is for clear aerial photography video purpose, quite sure that the bottom camera is big enough to place Gopro, even bigger camera, the top place, you can see a big space, I just checked gopro's size , it's no problem to place gopro as well, but I have no gopro on hand, the question is have to test with gorpo to check out whether or not the nose will be see by the gopro a little bit,
so this may jump to last suggestion: have a spare canopy, if the flier don't want to see the nose, even a little bit is not allow , the canopy may have to do bigger, and shape may a little bit different,
we will investigate into it. here thanks again for your comments.
later on we will publish the product's final specification and video to show the airpalne, you can see it

your second question: dedicated space for receiver, we does set a dedicated place for GPS, concerned that the GPS may easy be interfered by other electronic device, about the receiver, we and ESC, we also set two place at each side of the fuselage to place ESC and receiver, fix them by the magic buckle individually, the middle place is to place battery and flight stabilization etc...
Old May 04, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Feb 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky View Post
Nice one, some requests:

here the is canopy schematic for your reference
hope it good to your understanding of it
Last edited by Atflying; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 09:18 AM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
the bottom hole it's unusable for videopiloting, it's good only for vertical filming/photography, maybe for photo mapping or things like that, that only a very small % of us do.

About the top camera, there are 2 setups needed in my opinion,

1- pan&tilt for square cameras or GoPro in a realistic position (pilot's head), with cockpit in view, like in a real airplane and very high quality clear canopy (very important)

2- Clear front view for square cameras or GoPro, for those video pilots that fo not use pan&tilts and want clear view of the scenery for different reasons (better view of terrain, aerial videography ...), the front camera could be both with and without clear canopy, without for better quality needs, with for those who just need to see and not record a quality video.

About components placement, my intenction was to point out the importance of distance between components. In the 3d project I see parts very close to eachothers.

Thanks
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky