Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:03 PM
Come Fly With Us Sometime
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Alert
This smells

I have a Saito 60 Twin listed here and on RCU. This afternoon, I received this offer.......your thoughts?

(My first title: Smells like a fart, stinks like a turd - may have been misconstrued as a new slogan for roto-rooter).

Hi , I've been watching your listing on RCU, and whereas I don't have a use for this engine, it would be fun to buy it and run it...

It may be somewhat of a lowball offer, but I'll put out $215 shipped.

You have an awesome RCU rating, so I could do PayPal and mark the payment as a gift to cut out the fees. You could ship with parcel post from the post office with no insurance to save on shipping costs vs. using FedEx too. If you have the original exhaust stacks, you can leave out the flex pipes, etc.

Again, of you don't get any takers, I'll be glad to take it off of your hands. Are you looking for any other engines for a possible trade? I have several (many) older used and new engines (usually smaller two strokes) to work with too.
MinnSpin is offline Find More Posts by MinnSpin
Last edited by MinnSpin; Apr 30, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:22 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
Trader Rating: 136
Whats your thread trying to say?
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,223 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
I'd do a little more talking to him.,But I don't like short cuts.Regular Paypal is the better way to deal.Insurance isn't all that expensive.
I do use Parcel Post-never a problem.
I find that some people don't express themselves very well, trying to say a lot in a short time.
I see red flags when a guy's trying to save ME money !

My gut says it's okay....just talk a little more...Remember there's a sticky on Paypal "Gift"
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,087 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Go with your gut. Kindly say "no thank-you" and move on.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
Please re-read the thread, then read here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
Whats your thread trying to say?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,463 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I'd do a little more talking to him.,But I don't like short cuts.Regular Paypal is the better way to deal.Insurance isn't all that expensive.
I do use Parcel Post-never a problem.
I find that some people don't express themselves very well, trying to say a lot in a short time.
I see red flags when a guy's trying to save ME money !

My gut says it's okay....just talk a little more...Remember there's a sticky on Paypal "Gift"
Yeah..BUT....when your on the receiving side of the Gift payment..Whats the "Sticky"...

I don't do gift payments period ....i did once...and felt bad bout it..so i don't abuse the system anymore...I will confess...i did not inhale...
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
The "Sticky" is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Yeah..BUT....when your on the receiving side of the Gift payment..Whats the "Sticky"...

I don't do gift payments period ....i did once...and felt bad bout it..so i don't abuse the system anymore...I will confess...i did not inhale...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
Sounds like he is trying to save you money,do not see how it can hurt you.I dont do gift myself,but thats me.Instead of bringing it in here,you could have just responded to him in a PM.Whats the point of this threadI mean,the guys not trying to ripp ya off or anything,just offered an option....Its not breaking any rules on the forums either.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:13 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Trader Rating: 612
If he sends the payment to you as a gift then he is the one taking the gift payment risk as he will have no recourse with paypal. People send me gift payments and I have no issue with it. In fact for RCG sales I prefer it not because of the fees but because Paypal treats both personal and business sales as income for the same SSN. So if I sell a kit or something here on RCG for $60 as a personal sale, paypal will add that to my 1099-K as income at the year end, if you send that $60 payment as a gift it is not included on the 1099-K form. So I see no issue taking the gift payment, however I would make sure it is shipped in a trackable way and or insured just in case there is some new scam out there. But I get emails like that when I sell stuff, people telling what way /method etc for the cheapest total cots out the door for them. It is then up to me to decide if I want to do it or not.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:14 PM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
This is what the site admin says about gifting.....

We advise against agreeing to make payment for an item by using the PayPal gift option. Sales that use the gift option are not protected under PayPal's rules. Trying to save a few dollars may cost you far more money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
Sounds like he is trying to save you money,do not see how it can hurt you.I dont do gift myself,but thats me.Instead of bringing it in here,you could have just responded to him in a PM.Whats the point of this threadI mean,the guys not trying to ripp ya off or anything,just offered an option....
Last edited by MinnSpin; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Word Choice
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:18 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
Please, I know the rules well here in these forums,quotes from "sticky" not needed.You asked our opinion and have received them....its up to you what you want to do....
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
Thanks for weighing in.
Closed Thread