Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,833 Posts
New Product
New Stuff Covering in more Sizes!

I've recently updated my inventory on Predator "New Stuff" Laminating Film

I now carry 3mil in 18" and 27" widths in addition to the 12" width.

New as well: 1.7mil in 12" width.

Price is per linear foot in the store. Quantity in the cart is equivalent to number of feet you want to order. For example, if you need 10 feet order a quantity of 10.

Also have 5mil and 10mil in stock in 12", 18" and 27" widths

www.canuckengineering.com
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jan 2005
750 Posts
New Stuff

"EPP is expensive these days. It's ultimately an oil product. Best to buy it from the source JSP Inc. (www.jsp.com) Shipping is expensive. It's manufactured in TN now. There used to be a plant in CA.

Blame your state for driving production out fo CA with their bad EPA regs.

Andrew"

I need some NS for a Depron aerobat but having seen your statement above I would doubt both your environmental and business ethics (sometimes they are inseparable) and will find my "New Stuff" elsewhere.
CFIMEI is offline Find More Posts by CFIMEI
Last edited by CFIMEI; Apr 30, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIMEI View Post
"EPP is expensive these days. It's ultimately an oil product. Best to buy it from the source JSP Inc. (www.jsp.com) Shipping is expensive. It's manufactured in TN now. There used to be a plant in CA.

Blame your state for driving production out fo CA with their bad EPA regs.

Andrew"

I need some NS for a Depron aerobat but having seen your statement above I would doubt both your environmental and business ethics (some times they are inseparable) and will find my "New Stuff" elsewhere.
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,515 Posts
Ehhh, so you guys still plan to purchase and consume these environmentally unfriendly products, just not from Andrew, because he commented on how California's culture of over regulation has been driving business out of the state.
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:07 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,036 Posts
That's great Andrew. It's hard to find sources for small quantities of lam. film.

post #2:
JimZinVT is offline Find More Posts by JimZinVT
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:23 PM
Summer... is my time of year
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,749 Posts
Thanks Andrew
I'll be ordering up some batteries I need.
My state is full of these people who don't understand industry.
They won't be happy till our way of life is dead.

Rubio
Who is an "evil heatreater"
Heatreat is being driven out too...
But these people all use heatreated metal in almost every product they touch.
67econoline is offline Find More Posts by 67econoline
Last edited by 67econoline; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 PM
Where's the wind?
Joined Jun 2004
5,833 Posts
To each their own. Everyone has their own opinion. I went into the hobby business because I like helping people with the RC hobby. I know I will never be able to please everyone and would get frustrated if I tried.

My comments on the EPP thread was trying to explain why EPP is so expensive now compared to just a few years ago. Regulation has it's place, especially when it comes to safety and environment but there are tradeoffs like jobs, cost, transportation, etc. to take into consideration. How much pollution for transport of EPP across the country vs local production?

Andrew
who spent 2 years working for PEI Dept. of Environment on Waste Watch recycling programs in college, spent 13 years working for a company building solar panel power conversion products, and supports a hobby that is more environmentally friendly than lots of other activities.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Objects in mirror are losing
USA, NV, Reno
Joined May 2003
3,566 Posts
Andrew rules.
NIMBYs drool.
I heard Depron is made from dead hypocrites.
1000MPH is offline Find More Posts by 1000MPH
Old May 01, 2012, 12:07 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
Andrew I have always admired what you're doing. It takes a certain kind of crazy to jump into the R/C business, and seriously deep kind of crazy to decide to serve the slope marketplace. Thank you!!

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 12:13 AM
Summer... is my time of year
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,749 Posts
+1

Thank you Andrew.
67econoline is offline Find More Posts by 67econoline
Old May 01, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jan 2005
750 Posts
Pollution Rules

Guess none of you guys grew up in So Cal before the smog regulations were enacted. Grammar school teachers.wouldn't let us play at recess on the worst days cause if we exercised our lungs would burn after a few minutes of deep breathing. And that's exactly what it felt like. Eyes smarted too. L. A. Times just ran a 100 year anniversary collection of pictures. One shows pedestrians in a downtown L. A. crosswalk disappearing into the crud before they reached the opposite curb. Looked just like the Chinese metropolises do today. Was amazing that people just accepted that as normal and that the politically correct response was not to remove the irritant but to adjust your breathing to survive. Should have called it "faith based respiration". Some now seem happily willing to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear. Give the big-buck polluters back an inch and they will take back a mile!
CFIMEI is offline Find More Posts by CFIMEI
Last edited by CFIMEI; May 01, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 09:51 PM
Where's the wind?
Joined Jun 2004
5,833 Posts
Lots of New Stuff in stock!
Old May 02, 2012, 04:30 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2002
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orni-freak View Post
Mehehehe....

I Love memes!
QUIKSILVER is offline Find More Posts by QUIKSILVER
Old May 02, 2012, 09:22 AM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
United States, ID, Lewiston
Joined Apr 2011
57 Posts
Hey Guys, just ordered some new stuff from Canuck Engineering yesterday in 3 different sizes, 1.7,3, and 5 mil. Thanks Andrew! I'm currently building a LeFish and would like to know what temp. settings you guys use ? Iv'e done plenty of covering jobs with Coverite, Ultracote, Monocote and various other polyester films but have never used this new stuff. Do you just use an iron, heat gun? Any hints or tips on applying this lam film would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Tom
IDOF3K is offline Find More Posts by IDOF3K
Old May 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,036 Posts
Iron on....the melt temp. for the adhesive is ~210*F IIRC (Laminator Warehouse changed their website design, and I can't find the specifics anymore. I use an old mini clothes iron set at "low". Too high a setting any you'll melt the foam. Experiment a little to find your setting. It doesn't really shrink at this temp, so compound curves need some slicing/overlapping, or live with few wrinkles on mild curves. Start in the middle and work outwards. I overlap about an inch at the leading edge and wingtips for extra impact resistance there.
JimZinVT is offline Find More Posts by JimZinVT