HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:58 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Discussion
Graham Ind

Anybody order anything from Graham Ind. I have sent several Emails no ansewer in last two weeks, is he still selling engines
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:08 PM
South Texas
Joined Jul 2003
502 Posts
Gary, it is a family business that is done on the side.
I have a friend that recently ordered an engine & received it in around 5/6 weeks. I ordered parts a few weeks back and received an answer after the 2nd email with an apology because a family member was in the hospital.

So be patient, this side of the model boating hobby is not like the mass produced stuff in Tower Hobbies & other mainstream toy goods.
Reg Hinnant is offline Find More Posts by Reg Hinnant
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Yea, I know all that, it took me two months to get my engin from him but he always got back to me on the E-mail. Oh well I've got other things to do. I hope everything is ok with him.
Gary
BTW the valve works great, Thanks for that
Last edited by P31; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Add text
Old May 01, 2012, 12:01 AM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
I emailed him many days ago but never got a reply.
Asked him about purchasing 2 engines.
Communication is vital for sales.
This is why I'm going to buy elsewhere.
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old May 01, 2012, 11:13 AM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Last time I talked to him he was haveing some medical problems, you would think sence he sell's nation wide he could put out an e-mail letting his customers know.
Gary
Old May 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Well I guess everything is ok he contacted me today, all my orders are on there way.
Gary
Old May 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old May 01, 2012, 09:54 PM
South Texas
Joined Jul 2003
502 Posts
I agree with you that there should be a email auto answer message saying there will be delays. ( he is under no obligation to give a reason why)
But I know if I were producing unique hobby goods on the side I would not like all of the impatient characters that do everything from hollaring incessently about their order up to and including worse.
If he goes away you better like PMR's offerings because everything else is going to cost you more than double if not triple plus.
In that light, if I was the one sitting in the hospital trying to recover, I sure as heck would not be worried about customers wanting HOBBY stuff!
Old May 01, 2012, 10:22 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
I disagree with you Reg. like I said when you run a buisiness that caters to the world, you have to keep your customers happy. I have no problem waiting when I know theres a problem but you don't leave customers hanging.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:38 PM
South Texas
Joined Jul 2003
502 Posts
I agree with you that there should be a email auto answer message saying there will be delays. ( he is under no obligation to give a reason why)
Old May 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Hinnant View Post
Roger that.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:12 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
That's the problem today with the "instant gratification" mindset. People have gotten used to web based businesses that have auto-responders. If they don't get a reply from someone within a few hours they get bugged.

I remember having to send a letter, with a stamp! And wait a few weeks for an answer. Then do it all over again to order something. And wait a few more weeks.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 02, 2012, 12:19 AM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
That's the problem today with the "instant gratification" mindset. People have gotten used to web based businesses that have auto-responders. If they don't get a reply from someone within a few hours they get bugged.

I remember having to send a letter, with a stamp! And wait a few weeks for an answer. Then do it all over again to order something. And wait a few more weeks.
I remember that, Pony Express
Old May 02, 2012, 11:58 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela31 View Post
I remember that, Pony Express
And I guess that is why I still use Wells Fargo bank!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 02, 2012, 07:37 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,410 Posts
I'm sorry you guys did not get the email response you wanted. When ordering from a new-to-you vendor, there is a lot of uncertainty, which could be cleared up (perhaps) by an email.

On the other hand, this is not only a hobby for You, but, for many vendors, providing the stuff you want is Their hobby. That is, they are not trying to make a mortgage payment, but are doing it for fun (and even to give back to the hobby). When someone offers to do me a favor, I don't hold them to the same standards as a regular corporation.

Comparing Graham's pricing with "regular" steam vendors, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that Graham is not making enough to get worried about the IRS. When good quality merchandise is priced below everyone else's equivalent stuff, it's a good bet he's a hobby-vendor. If you want professional, quick and timely, response, then maybe you are going to have to pay professional prices. The only time I'd get upset with a hobby-vendor is if I had pre-paid and not gotten satisfactory updates.

My experience with Graham's merchandise is that it's top quality. I hope you guys get your merchandise; I bet you will be pleased. Hopefully the quality will assuage some of your anger at no emails.
Brooks is online now Find More Posts by Brooks