HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ailevin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:41 PM
Redondo Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2007
169 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Honey Bee FP + Upgrades + Spares

This was the heli I learned to hover and my everyday flyer (please don't say beater). Yes the canopy nose is punched in and you can see where I repaired a boom strike.

Modifications:
Modified battery holder to use 2S cells (800 or 850 mAh I think) and pushed it considerably forward to get the balance right.
Blade 3-in-1 since I used it with a 6100 receiver (not included here).
M24 blades give it more lift and a bit more authority in the wind
Brass head stiffener
Spares:

Original blades with painted yellow tips (helps to visualize the rotor disk when learning)
Four rotor heads
Three sets of short ball links
Swash
Two flybar frames
Main motor heat sink
Tail motor heat sink
As you can see in the background, in addition to the spares I have an ARTF kit that is complete with motors but lacks electronics (no servos, receivers, esc, gyro). It was a cheaper way to spare out the whole heli.

This was an excellent step up from coax for me. It was reasonably sturdy, not too difficult to modify and repair, and fairly easy to setup and trim out. As a trainer you might want to go back to the stock blades (the yellow tips do rally help) and stock heads. It makes the cyclic a little softer and a bit more forgiving of over control while learning to hover. And if you break a few rotor heads, hey you have spares! As you gain skill, the M24 blades and head stiffener give much improved outdoor flying.

$75 plus shipping or $65 if you pick it up in Southern California and save me the hassle of shipping.
ailevin is offline Find More Posts by ailevin
to remove ads between posts