SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
402 Posts
Discussion
Silly question... Using a servo tester can avoid or diagnose servo fails on fly?

Hi

Every time when I fly, the servo fail of one aileron or elevator goes through my mind.
I wanna know if exist any form ,to check the servos.?
I think ever about this because have offroaders and 2 times this happened, one time on my 1:8 buggy nitro causing brownouts and full aceleration and other on my crawler, but a plane is a lot more dangerous i think.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,442 Posts
Once the servo is in the plane, it is probably easiest to test them as part of your pre-flight. Look for good movement, listen for odd sounds.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old May 03, 2012, 08:21 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
I've been flying for a few years now and i've never had a servo fail on me yet ( touch wood) but i do check my planes before i fly them,like checking all hinges on the ailerons,elevator and rudder buy making sure they are all well glued in.

I also check the servos to make sure they are all working and moving correctly,if you use digital servos you some times get a buzzing sound which is normally on some of them but not so good on an analog servo so watch for that.

There is a servo tester you can buy which i use to center my servos and make sure they are up to the job,i'll leave a link to the one i use at the bottom of this post.

I do a range check once i get to the field and then i'll give the plane a quick once over to make sure everything is still working as it is meant to,then check to see if my ailerons,elevator and rudder are all moving in the right direction,after that i'm good to go flying.

It sounds a lot but it isn't really and it's good practice to do these sort of checks to make your flying safer and a happier flying experience.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Tester_.html
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old May 03, 2012, 01:01 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
402 Posts
Ok thanks for reply.
I check everything before the first takeoff too.
But not have servo tester, i will buy one for make some test too.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668