HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Please vote on this new forum suggestion.
Yes 86 76.79%
No 26 23.21%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I've already kit bashed to make a L-5 and U-64. Would they qualify? The L-5 is a liaison maybe not and the U-64 is a hack. Maybe Support and Transporters -- Airlines separate?
yes they are Cargo/Transport Aircraft
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 12:00 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
i hope this goes through!!!!
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old May 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,031 Posts
The 8 no votes are probably nitro or gasser boys I voted yes. Roy
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old May 01, 2012, 01:30 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
I don't see why there should be any votes no, I mean, if it's not your interest, then don't go into that thread! let us get this thread though! I mean, I think it's lookin pretty good right now, 35 yes a 8 no.
Old May 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,823 Posts
Yup and to thinks im the One who finally Struck up the courage to suggest it
Old May 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE View Post
I don't see why there should be any votes no, I mean, if it's not your interest, then don't go into that thread! let us get this thread though! I mean, I think it's lookin pretty good right now, 35 yes a 8 no.
so true

Don't vote if you don't want it.
Its not a "must read before any other thread" type deal. But I bet those who voted no will still check out the thread if it goes through.
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old May 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W
I would rather see a way to add multiple search tags to a thread. Would a scratch-built foam EDF airliner belong in foamies, EDF, scale, or 'airliners'? You'd have to go look in all of them to find it. There are way too many forums, let's come up with a better solution.
I have to agree with Andy.

I love airliners, but...

1. The old Robbe Concorde made of Arcel (EPP) is powered by two Speed 400/6v motors and Günther props. I have one that's still NIB. When I start to build it, to which forum do I contribute?

2. Where does a balsa 10-motor Dornier Do-X and 4-motor Shorts Solent flying boat get listed? They're commercial airliners. Shouldn't they be listed in Waterplanes threads in the Exotic and Special Interest forum? But more likely, and just as practical, you'll find these models in the Scale Electric Planes forum.

3. What about my balsa Shorts 360 commuter airliner? It's a scale model.

4. I also have another NIB Robbe BAe-146 that I'd like to modify for brushless. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in Foamy EDFs, especially because it's non-EPP.

5. That EDFmodel.com 301 Airliner really interests me. The model is very scale and the fuselage is made of flexible molded plastic. An RC Airliner? Yes. Currently such threads are found in the Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk forum.

So should everything just be moved to an RC Airliner forum? On the other hand multiple search tags seem quite sensible. Yet if there were a new RC Airliner forum, I'd certainly check it out — and be forced to check out all the others, too! Frankly, that's too much checking out.

I may soon be checking out.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Old May 01, 2012, 02:50 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Well, It would help to isolate all of the different airliners, all scratch built and what few kits are out there. I see threads on different airliners in the electric scale forum, the foamy edf forum, the scratch built, and a few other places! If one plane is able to be listed in multiple of these, then just choose one! It would really help those of us who truly love the airliners, I don't like having to search for certain things, because sometimes people don't name their thread quite like how you search it, etc etc. I would be found in the airliner part almost constantly
Old May 01, 2012, 02:52 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik View Post
I have to agree with Andy.

I love airliners, but...

1. The old Robbe Concorde made of Arcel (EPP) is powered by two Speed 400/6v motors and Günther props. I have one that's still NIB. When I start to build it, to which forum do I contribute?

2. Where does a balsa 10-motor Dornier Do-X and 4-motor Shorts Solent flying boat get listed? They're commercial airliners. Shouldn't they be listed in Waterplanes threads in the Exotic and Special Interest forum? But more likely, and just as practical, you'll find these models in the Scale Electric Planes forum.

3. What about my balsa Shorts 360 commuter airliner? It's a scale model.

4. I also have another NIB Robbe BAe-146 that I'd like to modify for brushless. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in Foamy EDFs, especially because it's non-EPP.

5. That EDFmodel.com 301 Airliner really interests me. The model is very scale and the fuselage is made of flexible molded plastic. An RC Airliner? Yes. Currently such threads are found in the Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk forum.

So should everything just be moved to an RC Airliner forum? On the other hand multiple search tags seem quite sensible. Yet if there were a new RC Airliner forum, I'd certainly check it out — and be forced to check out all the others, too! Frankly, that's too much checking out.

I may soon be checking out.
By going according to these, then there shouldn't be a warbird forum either, because you have the DC-3/C-47 for instance, can be put under multiple places. Why should we isolate JUST warbirds? They can all fit in the scale airplane section, can't they?
Old May 01, 2012, 03:11 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,249 Posts
Sure....except I'd guess at least 75% of all models sold or built are warbirds against probably less than 2% which are airliners.

OTOH personally I wish there were less forums. It seems odd to me that there are people who are only interested in one specific type of model and don't want their eyes to even have to skim over threads about the "wrong" types .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old May 01, 2012, 03:18 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
It's really just that, what those people are interested in. And hey, maybe somebody whos a big warbird guy or a big 3D guy wants to look at some airliners, instead of going through all the sub forums for EDF's, they can just look through the airliner part! Maybe of all the airliner companies such as boeing and airbus would quit about us making models, there would be a lot more!
Old May 01, 2012, 03:35 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,355 Posts
Heck yeah!

Just for S&G's I tried the search function right now. Eflite Airliner, show threads only.
25 items on the first page, TWO of them were threads for the liner, rest were posts in threads of other things.

Did the same search on Google, and I get a whole page of stuff related to it.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old May 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,823 Posts
who are the 10 grumpy people who voted no ? as said earlier if you don't like it dont vote!
Old May 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459
who are the 10 grumpy people who voted no ? as said earlier if you don't like it dont vote!
This is a Poll thread.

Mr Smith, people making such agitating statements should not be welcome here, emoticon or not.

Screw the sarcasm. There are two possibilities to vote, not just one. If there were just one, then RCGroups should be located in China.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Old May 01, 2012, 06:11 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik View Post
This is a Poll thread.

Mr Smith, people making such agitating statements should not be welcome here, emoticon or not.

Screw the sarcasm. There are two possibilities to vote, not just one. If there were just one, then RCGroups should be located in China.
Lol, that last part made me laugh. But, not to be bashing or rude, I am curious to know why some people would say no. In all reality, this is the only way to make things work, through a democracy, but what are some of ur guys' reasons for saying no? Other than whats already been listed...