HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,715 Posts
Question
Small 2oz to 4oz smoke tanks

Have a working prototype of smoke system for jets but don't know where to get small 2 - 4oz tanks or how to hook them up.

I have know idea what a clunk is....lol

I've spent all my time in EDFs and haven't ventured elsewhere.

P.S. Delete post at first because of all the questions but I'll try to address some here

- Release time is hopefully at end of year, have to find way to produce.
- Price will be no where near the 1000usd the Germans are charging, have to make it so ChiComs wont think it's worth it to half it's price.
- Hopefully will be light enough for 70mm and 90mm EDFs...I don't know what this translates into with props but should give you an idea.
- Smoke is fairly heavy with the right kind of oil which I have no idea what to burn, I am using sewing machine oil right now and it's fairly expensive but man after couple of seconds my kids can't see me in the back yard with the wind blowing really heavy
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Last edited by erh7771; Apr 30, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Check Dubro and Sullivan for small 2oz to 6 oz tanks

You will need to make a stopper that is safe for oil and use tigon tubeing with a clunk.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Nov 2005
5,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Check Dubro and Sullivan for small 2oz to 6 oz tanks

You will need to make a stopper that is safe for oil and use tigon tubeing with a clunk.

Dennis
What is a clunk?

edit...

How do I hook the clunk up to a tube?

I know nothing about this, I was using a ceramic bowl to get the oil from then I started to use a 20oz bottle cause "someone" thought I was putting a bunch of chemicals into the dishes
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:57 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
The tank is a glo fuel tank for small .049 to .10 size models.

The clunk is a weight that goes on the fuel tubing inside the tank to keep it at the bottom of the tank. It has a nipple that fits inside of the fuel tubing.

Look at smoke tanks for 30cc to 50 cc size gass models and just down size to the smaller tank.

Some one just came out with a smoke system for electric models, prieviewed at one of the recient shows.

Dennis

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Nov 2005
5,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
The tank is a glo fuel tank for small .049 to .10 size models.

The clunk is a weight that goes on the fuel tubing inside the tank to keep it at the bottom of the tank. It has a nipple that fits inside of the fuel tubing....
ah, I think I have one of these from a converted NP pusher....thx for this info.

Quote:
...Some one just came out with a smoke system for electric models, prieviewed at one of the recient shows.

Dennis

Dennis
I know I'm late to the game but hopefully I can be competitive on cost and weight.