Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,389 Posts
Help!
Taboo GT Bulkhead

Does anyone have a measured drawing, template, or plan-view photo of a Taboo GT bulkhead (the one just ahead of the wing, where the pins insert)? Mine is broken, and the top half is missing. I can try using a contour gauge to duplicate the shape of the pod, but it would be nice to start with the correct size and shape.

Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,409 Posts
Wazmo:

I had three (3) Taboos (and often wish I still had one). Trust me on this: the top half is NOT repeat NOT critical in shape.

My recommendation: remove (if you haven't already) the bottom half, use it to rough out a new outline on new plywood and make a new replacement bulkhead. The original was designed to fit closely on the bottom, only.

If you do not wish to remove the bottom half, that's OK, too. I broke one of mine and made a rough-shape second one, and glued it to the back side of the remainder of the original. I drilled the initial holes a bit too small, then enlarged them with a round file to match the wing posts. In retrospect, it would have been easier to pull the old one out, and make a new one.

Good luck!

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
United States, ID, Lewiston
Joined Apr 2011
57 Posts
Wasmo, I am currently putting my Taboo GT together using a windworks fuselage( long skinny thingy) . I have a complete fuselage and parts that you can have including a ballast system all brand new! PM me a reasonable offer and I will ship it to you. Tom
IDOF3K is offline Find More Posts by IDOF3K
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
I had this same problem last week. I cut up a piece of paper board until it fit the fuselage and under the canopy, then traced its outline onto my bulkhead stock (thin ply/balsa/ply-didn't have the stock plywood). A little finish sanding gave a like new fit.
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:55 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
Scanned it, let's see how it looks

Comes out a tad small on my screen. Need to blow it up to 28x20mm

Right click on the small picture, click print and you get a big picture which you can reduce on most copy machines etc.

walt
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Last edited by ROOSWH; Apr 30, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,389 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks, Walt.

@IDOF3K: Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind as I evaluate the remaining repairs.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,389 Posts
The remaining bulkhead was glued with something rubbery and very tenacious, probably Goop. Finally got it out after much pulling, twisting, and cutting.