HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
Keizer, OR
Joined Feb 2010
73 Posts
Discussion
PacNW: RC Tanker Battle Days in May

The Northwest Division Pacific Armor Corps (NORDPAC) will be conducting demonstrations and battle days in the PacNW on the following dates:

5/19: at Camp Withycombe, Clackamas, OR during the "Living History Day" sponsored by the Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon and hosted by the Oregon Military Museum.

5/26-27: on the battlefield of the founding Oregon chapter of NORDPAC, the Keizer Armored Command, at 6763 Hwwy 99E, Keizer, OR during the "Warbirds over Keizer" event hosted by the Keizer RC Association. KRCA will be conducting a 'carrier deck flight operations' competition. A local hobby show will sponsor prizes for the "Best of Show" warbird model and military vehicle model as determined by popular vote of all in attendance.

5/28: at Paine Airfield in Everett, WA at the Flying Heritage Museum's "tank Fest 2012".

Details for each can be found on the NORDPAC web site or that of the hosting organization. Non-members are welcome with HL, Tamiya compatible, or WSN IR systems in 1/16 scale, or any 1/24 scale IR system. Special protocols will apply to air soft combatants. "Loaner" tanks will be available.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out
StuN is offline Find More Posts by StuN
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
Keizer, OR
Joined Feb 2010
73 Posts
BTT: "Living History Day", Camp Withycombe, Clackamas, OR on 5/19.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:48 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
I went over to camp Withycombe to day for there living history days. Had a grate time . Got to know pat and his wife and a couple of members .All good people I did end up selling my Pershing tank to one member for what I had in it.
GOOD Price. I decided to sell it for it spends way to much sitting and collecting dust.
I wanted it to go a good home and saw from what saw from this member he would do it . He ran it said he like it and so I sold it it to him. What I will like it will get run and he will enjoy it . I get to see it and run it myself when I go to some of the meets. I still have my 4 smaller ones that I use in the landing crafts.
So thank you Pat and The NW Pac tanker group I had a good time and will try to get out to others meets when I can. DON THE Portland Rustbucket
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old May 20, 2012, 12:57 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
meet today at the base

Here are some of the pictures of todays meet enjoy DON THE Rustbucket
Old May 20, 2012, 01:44 AM
Keizer, OR
Joined Feb 2010
73 Posts
Don,

Thanks for the sit rep and Ithe pics. I'm glad that you had a great time and unfortunately I'm having to work thru this weekend. Your collection of naval landing ships look terrific! I wasn't aware that you had a Pershing for sale but and am pleased you had the opportunity to sell it. Any chance you'll get down to Keizer next weekend?

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out
Old May 20, 2012, 09:01 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
Good morning Stu Thank you I was glad i was able to join in yesterday. I had grate time .Pat did a garte job with the battle field . ON the pershing I decided to let it go yesterday. ONE of your members took a liking to it and I made him an offer on it.
It sits to much and I hardly use it . It was not doing it good to sit and collect dust .
So now you guys have another new tank in your group.
As for me making towards your area sorry a little to far me right now with the price of gas. Maybe sometime down the road. BUT I had fun and enjoy being with your group.
I do have the smaller tanks that works good with the landing crafts so I will stay with those. May pickup another pershing some day . I did have fun with it when I did use it and i do like the larger tanks .

I am more then happy to share the landing crafts with ya they are fuly rc with working ramps and the tanks are also RC.Also hand built by myself a buddy of mind he skin and rib the hulsl and I did the rest .
I no longer build hulls I did build the LST compleatly .

People like them when I showed them yesterday working .
Have a good weeken. When I can I will try to make some of your meets thanks again for the invite it was fun and I did enjoy myself.
DON THE Portland Rustbucket
Old May 20, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
559 Posts
I enjoyed those pictures of the landing crafts, AND seeing something other than just tanks all the time. At least I can appreciate the time invested in them ... scratch building is a lost art amongst all these RTR's. Instant gratification is what THAT'S called.

But, it's a new year for me in the tank building era now! I can't wait to get back at my Tamiya Panther and then my special build of the Hooben Elefant.

Thanks for the pictures and anymore you might want to share I'd like to see, especially maybe some with them launching or just getting wet would be cool.

~ Jeff
Panther F is online now Find More Posts by Panther F
Old May 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. I have been doing that type modeling for about 20 years. Kind of retired from it back in Aug of last year but I will still do it off and on for others but nothing like I use to do .
IF things will go as plan around 2 pm today sunday May 20th I will be down at west mornland pond in the sell wood area with boat group floating with them and I may bring down one of the landing crafts. BUT I will share some pictures with ya of what they look like under way. ya I had alot of fun yesterday I hope to get back with the group off and on in the future. DON the Portland rustbucket.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:07 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
tank and landing crafts

OK I dont want to step on any ones toes with Pictures. BUT here a few of my fleet . I have others that I will share but I want to be carfull so I dont up set any one with with this being a tank sight. I do respect this sight . you did ask so I wanted to share a few more. DON THE Portland Rusbucket thankyou for asking
Old May 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,046 Posts
MVCCO After Action Report

On Saturday May 19th, NORDPAC joined the Military Vehicles Collectors Club of Oregon in an Armed Forces Day event honoring all US Military Veterans. Four NORDPAC members and a special guest from the Portland RC Boat Club, Don the Rustbucket, brought their tanks and LSTs to the event. RickV, DarrylU, Ms.Rommel, Rustbucket and myself displayed and battled throughout the day at the "Living History Display". We also managed to find time to view and enjoy the rest of the exhibits.

Darryl brought a new bridge to add as a centerpiece to the battle field. Don's LSTs were also a big hit among the onlookers.

The weather cooperated and was just perfect throughout the day.

Among the many military vehicles and displays in attendance were a full scale 2.5 ton 6x truck, Snow Cat, Armored Car, Machine Gun Jeep (such as in the TV series "Rat Patrol"), Hellcat Tank Destroyer and a Stuart Tank. Rides were given to spectators in the Hellcat and both tanks gave live fire exhibitions using blanks. They must have spent approximately thirty rounds showing off for the crowd.

If you failed to attend, you missed a good one. Photos are up on the NORDPAC Photo page and videos with be forthcoming.

"Never Take the Same Ground Twice"

Mfpage / Pat B.
NORDPAC S3
Estacada Corps
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage
Old May 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
559 Posts
Hey Don! Thanks for the great pictures!

Is there a ballast or weight added to these and are they really flat bottomed? I really enjoy the "in progress" pics, probably more than the finished images but that's just me. Nothing neater than a bunch of raw plastic (but in this Case, raw wood ) on a work bench.

Which this has really inspired me to finish my Panther, so thanks for the motivation and the cool pics! Wish I had your talent! Later!

(don't worry too much about the content ... they DO have alot to do with tanks, so it fits very much here)

~ Jeff
Panther F is online now Find More Posts by Panther F
Old May 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
HEY Pather thanks Please read your PM and then get back in touch I have everything your asking about but I dont want to over load stus sight. I can answer everything for ya ..Just go back to your PM . YES your wellcome. Glad I was able to help
DON
Old May 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
HEY Stu would it be ok with you to share some of how the landing craft was built since you started this sight.?
I have building pictures of it as I was building. thanks DON
Old May 20, 2012, 07:10 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
Lst

HELLO again Sorry Stu but I had to pass these along .
Well we got a short brake with the weather for a couple of hours. I got a call from the boat group and was invited to come down.
So here is the LST getting wet since last Aug. First time out for this years and it ran nice.
NO problems at all. DON
Old May 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
Keizer, OR
Joined Feb 2010
73 Posts
Don,

I have no connection to the ownership or moderator responsibility for this site (RCGroups) but with your NORDPAC membership you're more than welcome to create a folder for your landing ships collection and post pics there.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out