Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
California
Joined Feb 2005
1,519 Posts
Discussion
Have You Ever Seen This In The Sky ?

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/brazilphotos2006.html

I have. And when I did, I pointed it out to a couple of fellow flyers, and they saw it too only after I pointed it out to them. So I'm not crazy, nor been out in the sun too long. This was a few years ago. None of us thought much of it, and kept flying. What can one do other than observe something in the sky that is unusual, and continue about what you're doing. I didn't have a camera with me, nor did anyone else who I was flying with. And even If I did have a camera, It would just show a ball bearing looking thing motionless in the sky. Big woop! But it was there, and it stayed there motionless for more than 15 minutes. I've been flying at this park for years, and it was only there once for me to observe. I can't remember exacly how long it was there, but it didn't move at all while one could see it, and it was pretty far away, too far to try and float a glider out to it. I do remember the sun casting a reflection off of it's surface making it appear more chrome in texture at times, or blackened at times than this pic I found on the net, but this link discribes something I've seen. It's bizzare. Call it a ufo i guess.

The funny thing is my memory hints at seeing this shape in the past but I can only remember this one sighting, and I had witnesses. We RC'ers are always looking up to the sky. Anyone else seen these things? Just curious.
freddy warbird is offline Find More Posts by freddy warbird
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:29 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,686 Posts
http://www.overflite.com/ One mystery in my area which was reported as a comet was nothing more than a bag glistening in the evening sky
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:12 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,053 Posts
shiny ball bearing?lol...probably a weather balloon.
daddiozz is online now Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Apr 30, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:26 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
It's a balloon for God's sake. Sheesh.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:37 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
I do believe we have and will continue to be visited by aliens, but I don't think they fly around in daylight in round shiny balloons. Or at night with a bunch of flashing lights for all to see. If they're smart enough to get here, their smart enough not to get caught.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:52 AM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy warbird View Post
http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/brazilphotos2006.html

I have. And when I did, I pointed it out to a couple of fellow flyers, and they saw it too only after I pointed it out to them. So I'm not crazy, nor been out in the sun too long. This was a few years ago. None of us thought much of it, and kept flying. What can one do other than observe something in the sky that is unusual, and continue about what you're doing. I didn't have a camera with me, nor did anyone else who I was flying with. And even If I did have a camera, It would just show a ball bearing looking thing motionless in the sky. Big woop! But it was there, and it stayed there motionless for more than 15 minutes. I've been flying at this park for years, and it was only there once for me to observe. I can't remember exacly how long it was there, but it didn't move at all while one could see it, and it was pretty far away, too far to try and float a glider out to it. I do remember the sun casting a reflection off of it's surface making it appear more chrome in texture at times, or blackened at times than this pic I found on the net, but this link discribes something I've seen. It's bizzare. Call it a ufo i guess.

The funny thing is my memory hints at seeing this shape in the past but I can only remember this one sighting, and I had witnesses. We RC'ers are always looking up to the sky. Anyone else seen these things? Just curious.
I've seen about four things that I couldn't totally satisfactorily explain to myself in my lifetime. This is tied for number 4 on my list. I've pretty much accepted it was some sort of balloon caught in some varying air currents.

In the early to mid eighties when I was in high school is when I saw something very similar to this. What I saw, I've always described to myself as a chrome ball bearing. It seemed to be a fair distance away and it seemed to remain motionless for a very long time before fairly quickly zipping out of sight.
rodneygt is online now Find More Posts by rodneygt
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
Umm....Yeah....
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
http://www.overflite.com/ One mystery in my area which was reported as a comet was nothing more than a bag glistening in the evening sky
Nice way to start wildfires I suppose. If your into that sort of thing......
New Foamie Guy is offline Find More Posts by New Foamie Guy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Aliens aren't visiting our minor planet. In fact, we may be it, as far as advantaged intelligent life in the universe.
Quote:
Recent discoveries of planets similar to Earth in size and proximity to the planets' respective suns have sparked scientific and public excitement about the possibility of also finding Earth-like life on those worlds.

But Princeton University researchers have found that the expectation that life from bacteria to sentient beings has or will develop on other planets as on Earth might be based more on optimism than scientific evidence.

In fact, the researchers conclude, the current knowledge about life on other planets suggests that it's very possible that Earth is a cosmic aberration where life took shape unusually fast. If so, then the chances of the average terrestrial planet hosting life would be low.
Expectation of extraterrestrial life built more on optimism than evidence, study finds
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:26 AM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
It's a balloon for God's sake. Sheesh.
But, but High...it could be...an ALIEN balloon!!
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:29 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Aliens aren't visiting our minor planet. In fact, we may be it, as far as advantaged intelligent life in the universe.
Expectation of extraterrestrial life built more on optimism than evidence, study finds
Me thinks thats a pretty arrogant viewpoint.Since its already been proven there are numerous planets orbiting most stars observed ,and there are billions of stars thruout our galaxie alonre .The likelyhood that life exists elsewhere ,i think its high.Whether such life is intelligent enough to visit us or would even bother is still a relative unknown (at least so far as we know officially) as always , prefer to keep an open mind on the subject .As far as UFOs go ...ANY unknown object flying thru the sky is a UFO ...until identified as a weather balloon or military aircraft or MQX with leds on it...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:37 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Quote:
But Princeton University researchers have found that the expectation that life — from bacteria to sentient beings — has or will develop on other planets as on Earth might be based more on optimism than scientific evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Me thinks thats a pretty arrogant viewpoint.Since its already been proven there are numerous planets orbiting most stars observed ,and there are billions of stars thruout our galaxie alonre .The likelyhood that life exists elsewhere ,i think its high.Whether such life is intelligent enough to visit us or would even bother is still a relative unknown (at least so far as we know officially) as always , prefer to keep an open mind on the subject .As far as UFOs go ...ANY unknown object flying thru the sky is a UFO ...until identified as a weather balloon or military aircraft or MQX with leds on it...
Daddio, it's your viewpoint that is a bit arrogant. You join the many others who "optimistically" believe that life "must" exist just because of the odds you state.
I agree that the odds would somehow "suggest", but not "prove" as you and so many others like to optimistically believe, that life exists on other planets.
But the scientific "proof" of that is simply not there.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:50 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Daddio, it's your viewpoint that is a bit arrogant. You join the many others who "optimistically" believe that life "must" exist just because of the odds you state.
I agree that the odds would somehow "suggest", but not "prove" as you and so many others like to optimistically believe, that life exists on other planets.
But the scientific "proof" of that is simply not there.
...and the lack of proof ,"proves" no life exists elsewhere as well ?Reread my post ,I did not state life "must " exist elsewhere ,only that I choose to keep an open mind on the subject ,til "proven" otherwise .
Given the abundace and variety of life here on planet earth ,...some of it quite strange ..., the argument that life itself is a cosmic aberration confined to earth alone is extrmely arrogant.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Saw an odd one just last night.
The object was very bright, looked like a star, moving rather quickly and I assumed it was a LEO sat. Suddenly it began to vanish and reappear on an irregular cycle but always on the original track.
My guess was an odd shaped chunk of space garbage in a tumble that did not always reflect light in my direction.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,151 Posts
When I was in high school, we saw this shiny round object moving erratically around in the sky. We immediately identified it as a weather balloon. One landed on the ranch. They have a number to call. Folks called the number and they came and got it.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
No UFO sightings here after decades of R/C flying. I've been staring way up at the sky while flying sailplanes and am always seeing commercial and military aircraft in the distance. Aircraft can look pretty peculiar, based upon your viewing perspective and lighting.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was at dusk when a Space Shuttle was returning to Florida. A bright streak cruising through the twilight, near the horizon. It was landing at Kennedy not too many minutes later. Amazing.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG