SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:29 AM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Discussion
Ultra Micro Spitfire MK IX with AS3X

Does anyone know when this will be available for sale? Looks awesome and what a value with as3x

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...x-bnf-PKZU2180
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
According to parkzone's website they should be due in mid-June. Whether you'll be able to get ahold of one is a different story, there's a lot of folks looking to get their hands on one.

http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...rodID=PKZU2180
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:33 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,314 Posts
There were a few for sale at The RCX show in Long Beach.
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:33 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,314 Posts
The 1st batch came and gone
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:35 AM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
I can't wait till june! I would have picked one up in a heartbeat if i were at RCX
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Mk-IX Spitfire - Awaiting break in weather for maiden

Picked up my ParkZone Ultra Micro Spitfire Mk IX this evening on my way home from work.

Sadly miserable, windy, drizzling and coming on dusk as I arrived home.

She looks truly magnificent out of the box.

Took only minutes to bind her to my Dx7.
.... just copied accross the settings my PZ Ultra-micro P51-d, across to a new model memory; no reversing or adjustments whatever required; and all surface look perfectly aligned in neutral state.

On powering up, first thing to notice, is the AS3x reacting very reassuringly to any micro-movements of the hand .... roll her side to side and watch those ailerons react !! .... impressive. Even the slightest hand tremor causes micro-adjustments.

... and that motor, driving that 4-bladed prop sounds soooooo smooth ..... much more so than my P51d, Sukoi and Mossie PZ micros.

Enjoyed taxiing her around the lounge carpet

Sadly, weather forecast looks wet, windy and miserable until the weekend at the earliest.
Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Last edited by Plane Chaos; Oct 17, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
UK - Spit Maiden

Way, way too windy, and dusk well advanced
..... but couldn't resist a maiden any longer on return home this evening.

Wind ~ 15 mph, gusting higher ... but hey, that's what oght to be a good test of the AS3x huh.

Note: the few times I've powered her up so far, seems to take a little longer for Rx to 'boot' up to solid orange light, compatre to my other PZ micros; don't know if this is characteristic of having the AS3x system on-board.

She lifted out smoothly from a shoulder height light toss into wind at ~3/4 throttle, on low rates. I found shee needed ~ 3clicks of 'down' to trim her level into the head wind.

Achieved some very pleasing stationary 'hovers' in he high wind. Decided I preferred high rates in the condidtions.

Considering the wind strength and turbulenec off a nearby ridge, she few around very smoothly, certainly much more so than my PZ P51 and Mossie in like conditions.

A most satisfying touch-done via a slow, near vertical hover-float-down, nose into wind..

Overall, very impressed; and looking forward to trying her out in more sensible light wind conditions.

Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Well .... finally got to try her in much more sensible calmer conditions; I would say wind was sub-5 mph.. Put two 150 mAh packs through her.

In short ....... exceeded all my expections; this AS3x really is the way to go with these ultra-micros !!

Flew with stability and authoority of 4 times her span.

Found myself doing slow sweeping circuits 3 feet of the deck with confidence she would behave.

Reasonable sized loops possible, and extraordinarilly axial rolls.

Turns nice on rudder too.

I would recommend keeping expo setting modest with this bird; nothing above 30%; I preferred high rates all round.

Was especially impressed with her sloooooowww flight capabilites

Well done indeed HH / Parkzone ...... well worth waiting for, and a Spitfire !!!!! to boot

Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
I take the liberty of providing links to two post re: the PZ AS3x u/m Spit being attacked by a Hawk !!!!

.... (initially posted the um's big brother Parkzone MkIX Spitfire thread):-

Post 6978, by 'headless'

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6978

Post 6982, by 'IndyMatt'

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6982