Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:27 AM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Question
How do I put a neck strap balancer on a dx5e?

It doesnt twist off so im guessing that if it can be done I have to take the tx apart? Is anyone familiar with applying one of these to a dx5e?
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Most neck strap balancers attach to the transmitter by screwing on. No disassembly required.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,514 Posts
Like the above says, they generaly attached to the existing neck strap holder most of the time. Depending on the balancer you bought you may need to change the orientation of the loop on the radio and in this case YES you would need to open up the radio to access the nut that is securing the loop in place.

Loosen the nut, twist the loop and then re-secure the nut.

You can also help us help you by providing the link to the balancer you got.

Like this one.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
thanks! I have never seen one where the balancer attaches directly to the existing loop..
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee