HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Discussion
NAZA not autolanding

Noob here. Recently purchased a VC-450 with a NAZA FX. Using a Dx6i with a AR6100e receiver. I've had a couple of instances where the quad loses radio connection and just falls out of the sky. I was under the impression that when that happens the NAZA will automatically go into a fail safe mode and autoland. Well, that hasn't been happening. I've heard that the fail safe feature with the Naza won't work with a 6 channel transmitter. Is this true? If so, I'd really like to upgrade, not only to get that feature but to extend my range. I've been looking at Dragon Link and EZUHF. Any recs? At most I'd like to have a range of a mile or so with a solid connection.
Bijaz is offline Find More Posts by Bijaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, UT, Cottonwood Heights
Joined Mar 2012
192 Posts
You can't set naza failsafe with the dx6i, you can set throttle failsafe through the tx which then sets the throttle at a predetermined level when you lose tx/rx connection. You need a tx with a 3 way switch to activate the naza failsafe.
tstrike is offline Find More Posts by tstrike
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:16 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,784 Posts
The Dx6i is not the problem, it is the AR6100e which does not support preset failsafe. None of the 6 series receivers do, some of the 7 series do, all the 8 and 9 series do. You can set up a two position switch to do a Tx based failsafe by using the mix. But what does that give you other than an auto land when you have Tx control.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
I guess should I then upgrade the receiver, radio or both?

I guess if you have a throttle failsafe, it only set the throttle to a predetermined level and if you are in a turn or something, it could get away from you. Is that correct? In other words, it doesn't stabilize it's position? As Tahoe Ed said, you can have an autoland feature with a two way, but you still have a transmitter connection. My desire is to have the quad land when it loses a connection to the transmitter. What would either of you recommend for a radio with a three way switch? DX7?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:53 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,784 Posts
Again, it is not the radio. You can do it with a DX6i just get a receiver that supports preset failsafe. This may explain it better than I can.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=3792179&postcount=9
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Thanks for the link Ed

That's exactly what I was looking for.