Put me down for a set of those to
Browndog is offline Find More Posts by Browndog
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
Central Alabama RCShips, Sails
United States, AL, Odenville
Joined Feb 2006
543 Posts
Fantastic work !! Are you sure you'll run the boat on the lake, looks more like a a display piece.

Still watching
WingRider05 is offline Find More Posts by WingRider05
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:52 AM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingRider05 View Post
Fantastic work !! Are you sure you'll run the boat on the lake, looks more like a a display piece.

Still watching
When I started this project I had no intention of getting this involved in making changes to the kit. I just wanted to build the Dumas kit and add the parts from MBH. Sounded like a simple enough plan and with the added parts an easy way to have a late war boat. Somewhere along the way I kinda got carried away making changes to this and that. I hope to run this at the lake when she is finished and I hope that it will be worth all the effort. I just got to leave stuff alone and get it done.
Gravman is online now Find More Posts by Gravman
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,788 Posts
Great fabricating !

Wish I had a lathe..
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:01 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,540 Posts
When I started this project I had no intention of getting this involved in making changes to the kit. I just wanted to build the Dumas kit and add the parts from MBH. Sounded like a simple enough plan and with the added parts an easy way to have a late war boat. Somewhere along the way I kinda got carried away making changes to this and that. I hope to run this at the lake when she is finished and I hope that it will be worth all the effort. I just got to leave stuff alone and get it done.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS (before the next thing you "notice" isn't quite like you want it)
Fantastic work,keep it up till you are satisfied.

OBW
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
headed into the 9's
United States, PA, Springboro
Joined Apr 2011
119 Posts
Gravman Keep it going I'm learning as you go and I love what you are doing! The fact that your going to run it when your done is even better. I restore old cars and I cant see having them if your not going to use them! Enjoy your work on the water, more people will get to see it and enjoy it also. Awsome work!
Malibu SS is offline Find More Posts by Malibu SS
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
New Zealand, Tasman, Motueka
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
That is an impressive bit of work right there. This build is fascinating and the quality outstanding. So impressed!!
GregSpooner is offline Find More Posts by GregSpooner
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined May 2012
188 Posts
Gravman , you should go into business manufacturing your parts . With all the followers of this thread and builders who are into PT boats you would get quite a few customers . Good parts are hard to find and the quality of yours would be worth the price I'm sure ! You would have 1 customer right here !
PTman is offline Find More Posts by PTman
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:23 AM
Istanbul / TURKEY
Joined Feb 2005
260 Posts
+1
mp
Melih PEKOL is offline Find More Posts by Melih PEKOL
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
1,668 Posts
Thanks very much guys but I can tell you that the work on the racks has more to go. The base with the linkage will be the test. I know that it will not be seen being under the torpedo so I need to decide how far to take it. I am waiting on parts right now for the base. I hope to be able to cast the base plate so that it will be a little faster and easier. Once that is done I will try and build the linkage for each base.
Gravman is online now Find More Posts by Gravman
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,788 Posts
Details

Man, all this detail work is really gonna pay off in the end ~ !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,540 Posts
SEE # 335

But it's worth it .

Fantastic.

OBW
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater