Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Question
Solo pro 100 or MJX f45?

Hello guys how are you doing today? well first off I'm sorry if this has been asked before but i did look thru the forum for this topic with no luck

anyways I'm really interested in both of the solo pro 100 and the mjx f45 but i wanna know which one flies better outdoor in the wind? I have been reading up on both heli and it seems that the MJX F45 have been getting great review but as for the solo pro 100 it's been getting mixed review...

so if you guys can help me out...

once again sorry if this has been asked before.... cheers
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:10 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
there s a whole thread on the f45 if you had just bothered to search it does ok outside but in not too much wind. As for the solo pro 100, I think it s quite a different bird altogether smaller but 6 channels not 4 so it depends what you re really after!! below is the MjX f45 thread link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=f45
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:48 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
Hello guys how are you doing today? well first off I'm sorry if this has been asked before but i did look thru the forum for this topic with no luck

anyways I'm really interested in both of the solo pro 100 and the mjx f45 but i wanna know which one flies better outdoor in the wind? I have been reading up on both heli and it seems that the MJX F45 have been getting great review but as for the solo pro 100 it's been getting mixed review...

so if you guys can help me out...

once again sorry if this has been asked before.... cheers
Hello and welcome to rcgroups.

Now I know from your pm to me that this heli will be a gift (I hope I don't spoil the surprise) and needs to have some outdoor capabilty so you can take it camping. What we don't know is if the receiver of the gift has any flying experience.

For a first time flyer there is no magic heli that you can just pick up and take outside in the wind. I like to tell people to 'learn to fly before you fly'.

The Solo Pro 100, which I do not own, is a small collective pitch (cp) heli that may not be the best choice for a first time flyer. CP helis do not self-stabilize and require more skill to fly and repair.

The MJX F45 is a large fixed pitch (fp) heli that is more stable but does need a very large area to fly. It can handle a light breeze if the pilot can, which means learn to fly in no wind before you fly in the wind, unless you enjoy repairing more than flying. I think a responsible adult could probably fly this as their first heli.

For a first learning heli that can fly in a light breeze and with good crash resistance, I would suggest something like the V911. It is inexpensive, durable, easy to repair and easy to learn. It can be flown indoors for practice and then, with some experience, outdoors in a light breeze. With a 12V usb adapter, it can be charged from a 12V socket while camping.

Other helis that would probably work would be the little Solo Pro 260a, larger Solo Pro 328a, Xieda 9958, or MSR. I have all of those but for me the V911 was the easiest to learn.

Look for the specific threads on each of these helis and then feel free to ask more questions. With your budget you could get both a V911 to learn on first and the F45 for later if you should so desire.

And again, welcome! I am glad you are here.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Thank You so much

Hello Markkona and Gordonzo thank you so much for the reply I really do appreciated it and I'm sure my husband will too. I really have no idea how Rc works but my husband have, but i think he has only used one of the 3channel helis and it didn't worked out outdoor . but anyways i will look into the Solo Pro 260a, larger Solo Pro 328a, Xieda 9958 and the MSR...

Thank you so much once again for your help and I really like how this forum works because everyone is so ready to help... I hope you two have a wonderful day and don't be mad because I'm sure i have alot of question
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Hello Markkona and Gordonzo thank you so much for the reply I really do appreciated it and I'm sure my husband will too. I really have no idea how Rc works but my husband have, but i think he has only used one of the 3channel helis and it didn't worked out outdoor . but anyways i will look into the Solo Pro 260a, larger Solo Pro 328a, Xieda 9958 and the MSR...

Thank you so much once again for your help and I really like how this forum works because everyone is so ready to help... I hope you two have a wonderful day and don't be mad because I'm sure i have alot of question
Get him the v911 he will be so amazed with it after flying a 3channel coxial and it 's very crashworthy you have to usually crash about 30 times before you break something and it's the cheapest and parts are available everywhere just refer him to the V911 thread on this forum and the company have improved this model a lot from when it was first put out on the market they have been listening to the public and adjusting things so now you can get a perfect one. further more if he manages to break the first one you can just tell him to buy a heli only ( BNF version) for just 21usd as it will bind to all V911 transmitters
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Get him the v911 he will be so amazed with it after flying a 3channel coxial and it 's very crashworthy you have to usually crash about 30 times before you break something and it's the cheapest and parts are available everywhere just refer him to the V911 thread on this forum and the company have improved this model a lot from when it was first put out on the market they have been listening to the public and adjusting things so now you can get a perfect one. further more if he manages to break the first one you can just tell him to buy a heli only ( BNF version) for just 21usd as it will bind to all V911 transmitters
wow i have been looking at the v911 and it seem very very good, so i will be placing my order in a few min and it's cheap enough that i can get him the v911 and the mjx f45, ... maybe that way he can learn how do handle a 4channel heli then we can mount a lil micro camera on it so we can take some pic and video while camping... once again i thank you for your help..

have a great day sir
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
wow i have been looking at the v911 and it seem very very good, so i will be placing my order in a few min and it's cheap enough that i can get him the v911 and the mjx f45, ... maybe that way he can learn how do handle a 4channel heli then we can mount a lil micro camera on it so we can take some pic and video while camping... once again i thank you for your help..

have a great day sir
Of course the F45 is available with an optional camera.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Closed Thread