SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
New Product
(Acro Wot Mk2 Foam-E) The 80's British cassic is reborn in FOAM!

I always wanted the Acro Wot when i had learnt to fly a 4chan high wing trainer . Back in the 80's all of us young men in the UK wanted an Acro Wot is was my dream RC glow-gas aerobatic aircraft
But then i had a family to support and my R/C aircraft were consigned to the attic.

Then 5 years ago i took up RC flying again .. And wow how things had progressed since the 80's . Viable electric long duration power systems, and micro electronics, and 2.4GHz Radio Control Systems. Cheap R/C Flight Simulators ect ect..

And now the 80's Acro Wot is reborn as an ARTF electric aerobatic foamy.

Acro Wot Mk2 Foam-E ARTF

Wingspan: 1250mm (49.0)
Length: 1015mm (40.0)
Servos: 4x 9g Servos (Inc.)
Radio System: 4-5 Channel
Electric Motor: Brushless (Inc.)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 02:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Diss
Joined Oct 2011
27 Posts
Has anybody got one yet?
fuzzyflier is offline Find More Posts by fuzzyflier
Old May 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
I dig the retro looks and the 80's fantastic decal scheme.
I'd fly one!

Who sells this?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old May 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
I dig the retro looks and the 80's fantastic decal scheme.
I'd fly one!

Who sells this?
Ripmax will be supplying model shops in the UK with the foam Acro Wot
its not been released yet and is on pre order

http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?ItemID=A-CF030
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; May 22, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Apr 2011
276 Posts
New Acro Wot foam-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyflier View Post
Has anybody got one yet?
I've got mine after a long wait from 18th March on pre order from Kings Lynn Models.

Excellent kit, easy to follow and clear instructions, which, if you done the Wot 4 kit or many other foamies, you won't really need. Although the box states it can be flight ready in 30 minutes, I would suggest that needs a little imagination!

Everything fits together extremely well, probably better than the Wot 4. Mouldings were good, with lovely smooth surfaces. Just the odd 'feathery' bits around the rudder trailing edge and fin leading edge.

Although the undercarriage fixing looks the same as the 4, there seems to be a much better internal structure and I hope this one doesn't fail as much as many experienced with the 4. The motor mounting seems different to.

On that theme though I would point out that I had trouble getting the battery into its slanted bay, having removed the ESC to change the fittings (deans to bullet) I couldn't make it fit back the same. Eventually, I pushed it into the cheek inlet on the starboard side, right into the airflow and leaving plenty of room for the battery to slip into place very snuggly.

The other observation on this front is that the motor is fully enclosed and a replacement/change will necessitate some surgery to the nose to achieve this.

As you can see from the attached pictures, and like the Wot 4 I did, I don't like to use 'the prescribed' Chris Foss trim scheme, preferring to let the imagination run wild and put the stickers on where I want them to make it stand out and be individual. As I often fly with my brother and other club members who have the same kits, I like mine to stand out and it helps (me) with orientation.

Now all we need is some good weather to get a test flight in.

I hope others get their models soon and we can begin a discussion about their findings.

Fly safely and enjoy.
electricgeoff is offline Find More Posts by electricgeoff
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Apr 2011
276 Posts
Hi, I've moved over to this other thread on the Acr-Wot. Far more active and some useful hints and tips.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post21915003
electricgeoff is offline Find More Posts by electricgeoff
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Marshfrog1
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Appreciation and questions re Acro Wat foam e

Hi guys. As a new contributor to this thread, I must firstly thank all those who have contributed the benefits of their past experience with this model. I too think that we as relatively early users are suffereing from first-production-run blues. But your advice has helped sort out much. Still to do a first flight.
I have two questions:
1. I wish to use two channels for the ailerons rather than the "Y" lead. Anyone tried that?
2. I fly from a long-grass field and so slow approaches to landings is important. On a previous foamie (the superb Multiplex Easy Glider Pro) I have used "crow" options on the ailerons. The new model is after all a Acrow Wat (sorry). Any ideas on the advisability of such an approach? It is a standard feature on my Futaba FASST tx.
Your views would be very welcome. Marshfrog1
Marshfrog1 is offline Find More Posts by Marshfrog1