HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:48 PM
407mph P.B...Going 4 500mph!
Parker Mtn / Valencia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
783 Posts
Wow she's a beaut!! Congrats Spencer! It was amazing to feel her and see this model in person at Weldon...nice work everyone!
_Sloper is offline Find More Posts by _Sloper
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:46 PM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
That skinny wing looks stunning. Congratulations on another beautiful plane.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
ERS....Energy Retention System
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,568 Posts
Congratulation to the whole team.... Takes a lot of work and no how to create a perfect model like this. Well done to all involved..

Tim
timbuck is online now Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
R.I.P
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jan 2010
3,508 Posts
What a beautiful plane guys- well done! This will be the perfect plane for Australian conditions I reckon, not too big and not too small. the waiting list is gonna be sooo long!
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:38 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,642 Posts
Love it. I've fondled it in the flesh too. Slick and sleek. Can't believe it did 370 in 30 - 40mph winds. I want one!
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:24 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSeim View Post
Each Kinetic version designed and drafted incorporates new approaches, new techniques, stretch goals and the accumulated flight experiences from previous iterations. The 2 meter version is to this point the greatest and longest step forward.

The aircraft is once again wholly new while still striving to maintain a common appearance signature within the Kinetic family. The tail is refined even further than the 130" version, the wing is partially recessed, max thickness points of the wing and fuselage are aligned and the tapered, blended fin showcases a very slick section able to house the slave motor, but what really stands out is the narrow wing root chord, the double elliptical wing planform (at last!!!) to max control and vortex generation and the super exotic airfoil section schedule. Control surfaces are naturally very effective for the reason that the wing is so aggregately narrow and the trailing edge elliptical. A close contact; (Dr. S) on seeing new airfoils intended to encase the slave motors while still granting the ability to produce the speed results intended within a high aspect ratio wing said we were/are spending 'royal currency'. The impact of that comment/compliment is enormous.

Throughout the development cycle I was thinking of the WASP-21, a super exotic 2-channel model that tore up Torrey Pines 30 years ago. The 2 meter Kinetic is in my mind that great a leap and much more.

There's more though. The 60" wing is complete and ready to convert to molds. Geometry and section schedule identical to the 2m, but in a 60" span. The fuselage will support the 60" and 2M wings. If interested, let Spencer know. Prep and production is not trivial. If the 60" groundswell is big enough, I would hope that wing set would be produced as well.

Thank you.
No Idea what he said, But its sounds good. Beautiful work again guys well done!

Pete
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Last edited by Forrest12; Apr 30, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,308 Posts
Congrats Spencer, very sleek and sexy looking ship as usual. I would like mine in hunter orange with black strips if avaiblable. I've painted my F5D Viper these colors and it just pops; can't wait to see one in person. Nice work.

Mike
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeasto View Post
How much Spencer. And congrats on a successful maiden.
Looks line a sweet ride.

Asto
Hi Asto,
I'm guessing $1,400-1,500 but will know for sure once we are into full production. I'll post here once it is settled...
sll914 is online now Find More Posts by sll914
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Oh wow that looks amazing! Great job
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,234 Posts
Sll 914 is there any drawings of the plane,like wing chord,fuse length ,e.t.c.?
Thanx.
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old May 01, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,228 Posts
I'll see if I can dig out a dwg but in the mean time, the root chord is 6" and the fuse is 37" long with 10" being nose ahead of the wing LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Sll 914 is there any drawings of the plane,like wing chord,fuse length ,e.t.c.?
Thanx.
Yuri.
sll914 is online now Find More Posts by sll914
Old May 01, 2012, 04:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,234 Posts
Thanx SLL
Yuri
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:03 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,305 Posts
There's been kinda a lack of K2m pictures, so I figured I'd post this. Spenser brought his pretty green K2m up to our little local hill last Saturday. In blustery, somewhat inconsistent conditions, he managed 194mph (which most likely is the record for this hill).
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
Yeah Brett, that was a good day (until my Precision blew up!) The K2M is pretty sweet looking.
BigSwede is offline Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee View Post
There's been kinda a lack of K2m pictures, so I figured I'd post this. Spenser brought his pretty green K2m up to our little local hill last Saturday. In blustery, somewhat inconsistent conditions, he managed 194mph (which most likely is the record for this hill).
Wow, sorry I missed it. That's a heckuva an impressive speed for that hill. I am not nearly as familiar with it as you guys, but my impression is that the shape of the hill is terrific, but the wind tends to be off-angle and cycling.

I was about 10-15 miles away playing on a brand new hill that is seldom flyable. Great frontside lift and unbelievable landing area, but the backside was totally blown out...
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle