HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Mini-Review
Cartoon F-14 Plans

I just finished building the Toon F-14. I took it out the the park to maiden it, and it was a blast. It flew straight with no trim right off, and CG was dead on. The park was full of kids, and it got alot of attention. Everything from kids yelling "Dad Look!" to others coming over to see it up close.

Building was fairly straight forward. Similar to other foam planes that I have built, but the rounded fuse was different. Take you time on cutting this part out. Smooth cuts will make it look good when you glue it together. This 3D aspect of the model really makes it stand out when your at the park.

Decorating the model was alot of fun. Because it's a Cartoon Airplane, you have tons of creative liscense. Use your imagination!

If you would like to build this model too, I got the plans from www.badtothefoam.com
SteveLeach is offline Find More Posts by SteveLeach
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
"Five Easy Pieces"
United States, IN, Terre Haute
Joined Sep 2011
1,521 Posts
That Is cute as a Bug.
I just built my 3rd Tomcat just tonite.
Do they have a Raptor Toon?
bobdaeronort is online now Find More Posts by bobdaeronort
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdaeronort View Post
That Is cute as a Bug.
I just built my 3rd Tomcat just tonite.
Do they have a Raptor Toon?
They just came out with this plan and it's the 1st Toon plane, but if it's popular they might make others.

I'ts funny. My wife went to the park with me last night to see it fly. She said it's my best plane ever. Must be the "Cute Factor"
SteveLeach is offline Find More Posts by SteveLeach
Old May 02, 2012, 11:19 PM
Foam Master
Joined Nov 2007
845 Posts
Steve nice paint job! Glad you got it built and yours flew as good as mine!
anyairrc is offline Find More Posts by anyairrc