Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Discussion
buddy lead with 2 hitec optic sport 2.4ghz radio help

Hi im learning to fly with so i got my hands on a hitec optic sport 2.4ghz radio to buddy up with my uncles radio that is also a hitec optic sport 2.4 ghz.
The manual don't go into much detail of how to link them up. Do i have to bind them both to the same receiver? i have followed the stereo Jack Transmitter to stereo Jack guide in the manual but i have no luck with the receiver picking up the student radio. The instructors radio is fine. Im getting "MAS MODE" on the LCD screen of Instructor's transmitter and "SLV MODE" on the Student's transmitter screen.
I don't no what to do.

Radios = http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/P...-COMBO-NIMH-M2

Manual = http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Manual_Optic6Sport2.4.pdf
RyThEm is offline Find More Posts by RyThEm
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts
I think you have to hold the "trainer" switch on the master Tx to let the "slave" tx take control. They should be set up identical to each other.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Yer Ive tried that and no luck.do i have to bind both radios to the receiver?
Last edited by RyThEm; Apr 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:24 AM
United Kingdom, Kent
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
Are you using a proper buddy lead designed for those radios, or just a normal stereo jack lead that you may use on your home stereo etc?

If the latter, then you are probably joining the 'out' signal of the student tx to the 'out' port of the master tx. The wires inside the buddy lead need to cross over to join to different ports on the tx's. So 'in' (master) goes to 'out' (slave) and vice versa.

I've just rigged up my own buddy lead to connect my GC Radiolink TX to a Futaba Skysport4, it involved some delicate (for me) soldering and one tx had a mini Din, and the Futaba a 6 pin round Din. Works great though, and duplex
Nose Dive is offline Find More Posts by Nose Dive
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Its just a normal hifi stereo jack. I shall cut it open later and take a look.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:02 AM
United Kingdom, Kent
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
Also, are both TX's in PPM mode?

I'm not familiar with Hitec, but if the instructions tell you to leave the student TX switched off, the buddy system may include a +volt port to power the student from the master. Obviously you don't want to be joining that wire to the wrong port.

If not you probably just have in, out and ground ports and it's a question of working out which is the ground port so that you can swap the other two wires around.
Nose Dive is offline Find More Posts by Nose Dive
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Might b worth me opening up the tx and having a look inside then. I will post a pic later. Cheers nose dive