SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Discussion
banana hobby euro vs hobby lobby eurofighter.

Looks like the same plane. Any thoughts on differences? Which one would fly better?
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
563 Posts
No thoughts on the plane as it's the same, but I hope for the sake of the plane (& the brand) that HL still have rights to them in the US....you don't need to purchase or live in the US to know the bad thoughts people have on BH.
simo71 is online now Find More Posts by simo71
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:44 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Strange thread to start. Thats like thinking your IPhone will differ depending on who you buy it from. Freewing makes them. It didn't matter if you got the Euro from, Banana, Ready2Fly, PW-RC, HobbyLobby, and a series of many other distributors.
The difference you may experience has little to do with the model. Its the service from each vendor that you may or may not get.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 05:51 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,053 Posts
Same EDF doesn't matter who you get it from.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old May 01, 2012, 08:21 AM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Its the same except for HL's $40 markup.
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Old May 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Strange thread to start. Thats like thinking your IPhone will differ depending on who you buy it from. Freewing makes them. It didn't matter if you got the Euro from, Banana, Ready2Fly, PW-RC, HobbyLobby, and a series of many other distributors.
The difference you may experience has little to do with the model. Its the service from each vendor that you may or may not get.
I thought it might be the same so I started this thread to get other thoughts. I'm no expert so I figured I would ask others.
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
Old May 01, 2012, 04:42 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
HL used to have a one month warranty on all the planes they sold. I don't know if they still do or not since they have had little to nothing that I've wanted to buy in quite some time. BH on the other hand....chances are you'll get it with no issues BUT, if you have any issues........good luck.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old May 01, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,053 Posts
Anyone who buys any of these ARF's and expects no issues is dreaming. Check any forum any thread on any of these and you'll see what I mean. When you hit that "BUY" button just set aside a few extra bucks make up for the manufacturing shortcomings.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old May 01, 2012, 05:23 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
True but, when you call HL you talk to a real person and any missing parts will be sent out ASAP. Just something to think about. I've sat waiting for a chat with BH went to get a glass of water and got disconnected and phone calls....well nothing happens there the last time I tried.
Call Horizon, Hobby-Lobby, or 3DHS problems will be solved and correct parts will show up. BH has a great selection of planes in fact probably one of the best but, when you buy it it's yours and there isn't any help so if you don't know enough to fix it yourself you're out of luck.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old May 02, 2012, 01:42 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,833 Posts
Cheaper at BH and Free Shipping . Hobby Lobby is always over priced just like there new B-17 which has been out for months made by Freewing, Even HobbyKing sells it
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis