HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FlyBoyMarcus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:31 PM
Do I know you?
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Feb 2012
83 Posts
Yippee!
Skywalker @ The coast

Spent this week on holidays at Batemans Bay on the south coast of NSW and the weather turned on an absolute treat for flying after the fist rainy day.

After spending the last 6 or so weeks building up a Skywalker in anticipation of this event it was a nerve racking experience to FPV it the first time over the ocean/Forrest but after a shaky start all when great.

DVR broke 2 days before trip so no video of my best FPV adventures to date

Skywalker
FSD 1290KVA Motor
APC 9 x 6 Prop
3000mAH 3S for motor/servo power(1200 extra in parralell for Range testing)
1200mAH 3S for VTx/OSD
Hornet OSD
FY31AP Autopilot
RangeVideo 1.2MHZ 800mW VTx
RabgeVideo V Antenna
HK Sony 400TVL CCD
Mystery Cloud 60Amp ESC
Turnigy BEC
AR8000 Spektrum Rx

Ground Station
15 Inch Onix LCD
RangeVideo Delux 1.2MHz VRx
RangeVideo rubber ducky antenna
Vuzix 920 Video Glasses
7A Century Lead Acid Battery

Spektrum DX7s

Stats
Max range 2200 Metres @ 350 Meters
Stall speed @ 23 KM/H
Cruise @ 4-7 Amps depending on wind, light wind at ground level
Max speed 70 KM/H(10Amps in a dive, intentionally baby this bird)
On Average 1100mA used for 12 Minutes Flight Time
Longest flight 20 Minutes - 2100mA used
Some video break up when aircraft is flying directly away at distance but this clears with a slight turn, may need to review antenna position.

The flying area,
FlyBoyMarcus is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyMarcus
Last edited by FlyBoyMarcus; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Spelling...
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
That's cool, look forward to seeing video. I'm surprised you got such range from DX7, did you do any mods to it? How many satellite antennas? Did you get the video transmitter locally?
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:50 PM
Do I know you?
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Feb 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermei View Post
That's cool, look forward to seeing video. I'm surprised you got such range from DX7, did you do any mods to it? How many satellite antennas? Did you get the video transmitter locally?
No video, my damn cheap DVR broke just before I got there.

Nope, no mods on the RX, I have the AR 8000 rx with one satelite that I put out on the Skywalker tail boom which may have helped.

The video tx was from Rangevideo.com, very happy wit it so far and my skew planer antenna just arrived for it so I have to give that a go and see if there is any improvement.
FlyBoyMarcus is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyMarcus