HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Malcolm, that won't do you any good... The output from the ezuhf isn't analog. If you want RSSI/link from it on osd pro you need the device I linked to. It's quite cheap, about 12 posted if I remember correctly, and designed specifically for this very purpose.

As I say, best to forget RSSI and use link quality since its available - much better indication anyway.

You simply set up your ezuhf rx to output link quality on a particular channel, attach this convertor and then hook it up to the osd pro. You can then calibrate it by setting 100% with transmitter next to the plane, and then turn off the transmitter (beware failsafes of course!) and set the 0% value.

You should then have a very simple % link quality available to you. The ezuhf link quality is a bit more advanced than just RSSI as I believe it analyses lost packets etc too.

Edit - check this thread for full details on it http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?3559-PPM-to-Analog-Converter-(For-EzUHF-RSSI)
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Last edited by rusty_y2k2; Apr 29, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
Malcolm, that won't do you any good... The output from the ezuhf isn't analog. If you want RSSI/link from it on osd pro you need the device I linked to. It's quite cheap, about 12 posted if I remember correctly, and designed specifically for this very purpose.

As I say, best to forget RSSI and use link quality since its available - much better indication anyway.

You simply set up your ezuhf rx to output link quality on a particular channel, attach this convertor and then hook it up to the osd pro. You can then calibrate it by setting 100% with transmitter next to the plane, and then turn off the transmitter (beware failsafes of course!) and set the 0% value.

You should then have a very simple % link quality available to you. The ezuhf link quality is a bit more advanced than just RSSI as I believe it analyses lost packets etc too.

Edit - check this thread for full details on it http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....For-EzUHF-RSSI)
Thanks for the link I was wondering where to order. I guess I'll just PM the guy.

Cheers
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Send him an email with postage address and an email for PayPal invoice.... email is order (at) mictronics.de

Btw, eagletree specific info here http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....ll=1#post67210
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2