SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Alert
SK Hawks for Sale

I have a Glide Hawk ( Extra Large- almost same size of Lazy Hawk), a Lazy Hawk, and a Slow Hawk for sale to only those want SK ornithopters but afread to purchase directly from Flappingflight.com. They all used but all in good working order. I will sell them for $10 less than the current listing price posted on Flappingflight.com.

All birds have good working order motor, no ESC ( I'll remove my Castle Creation 25AMP ESC), no srvos ( I have Hitec HS-65MG servos on all my SK ornis). However, it is okay for you to purchase them as a complete unit but will cost you more - $30 for Castle 25AMP ESC and $45 for 2-HS65MG servos. No receiver though since I am still with 72MHZ transmitter.

I can use the proceeds to purchase an Extra Large custom build Slow Hopper from FlappingFlight.com and perhaps an Extra large Lazy Hawk as well, if all goes well. BTW - buyer pays actual shipping cost, accept Paypal and I will absorb the 3.5% fee - Please do not use PayPal "gift" payment option use only "purchase" option at your end.

Please PM me if you are interested, thanks inadvance.

BTW - I will not be able to accept payment and ship the birds until June 2012 since I will be off the US mainland on overseas assignment the entire 5/12.

I forgot - I also can sell you replacement gears, replacement pinion, carbon rods but no replacement G-10 rod holders ( ferrual).
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Last edited by LifeisGood; Apr 27, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,141 Posts
good birds some one will buy them LIG cheers brian
therealthing691 is online now Find More Posts by therealthing691
Old May 01, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Here are some current pics of the Glide Hawk (XL), Lazy Hawk, an Slow Hawk.
I am also considering selling my Slow Hopper too. Dark blue is the Lazy Hawk, light Blue is the Glide Hawk (XL), and gray is the Slow Hawk.

Slow Hopper is the the only existing one in the world, a 4 wing configuration. Glide Hawk (XL) also a custom build by SK, another one of the kind.

I have to say they don't look as pretty as the ones coming out of Sk's shop but at least you can get your hands one of his birds to try. What I can assure is once you enjoy flying what you got from me perhaps you can overcome the fear and buy directly from SK going forward. It is because his newer birds always better than the older ones, but mine are very close to his current releases though. The difference resides the BRAND NEW ONES look way better than the used ones and you will appreciate them even more.

So far Keith has the 1st priority to choose followed by Dave and John.

I still recommeding purchase brand new ones from SK but I am not sure where the waiting line ends, I guess I simply offering an opportunity to those wanting to own and to fly one of SK's magic birds, decision is yours.

If I am able to sell them all, I will order a Big Hopper and a Big Lazy Hawk from SK and wait, who knows, I may have to wait for a year to get mine, provided that the world still exist after 12/21/2012

A side note - I'd rather to accept a personal check or a money order to aviod unnecessary "after sale events" - that's including " I decided not to purchse etc." with Paypal. You need not to worry about not to receive the goods since I am a reputable person
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 01, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Here are the pics of my Slow Hopper when new. I'll take couple more pics tomorrow of the current look.

This is a true one of the kind - the only and the very 1st 4 wing from SK's shop which took him almost 5 months to build. I asked him to build one after I got my very 1st bird from him, say more then 2 years ago. It flies extremely well, the best among my entire fleet of SK ornis
Old May 01, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Here are closer shots of my Slow Hopper as of 5/1/2012:

You will notice some spots on the wings - those are the stains from Ice plant fluids - which they are all over around California coastal shorelines. Still debating if I should keep this one.
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 16, 2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Some clear pics of Lazy Hawk - The bird is in a nice home in Florida now
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 16, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Glide Hawk XL - The bird will be in a nice barn in Illinois some time in 6/12.
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 16, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Slow Hawk - Perhaps it will be gone soon
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 16, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
This one is not for sale
Old May 01, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Lazy Hawk sold to Keith - thanks
Old May 01, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Lazy Hawk heading from California to Florida - Spent some time took the bird apart, clean them up, check them out to make sure the new owner is to be happy after he opened the box. You know no one wants to open a box and see a dirty broken bird. Actually, the Lazy Hawk is in excellent shape since I never had a hard crash on it mainly just for ridge soaring and the motor still has the brand new look after all. Here are some supporting pics of the fine quality.
Old May 01, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
The Extra Large Glide Hawk is in even better shape then the Lazy Hawk, the Slow Hopper is a collector item, and the Slow Hawk is not as pretty as all of the above. Not much time left before I am away for work.
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 01, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 09:52 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,141 Posts
nice birds LIG
therealthing691 is online now Find More Posts by therealthing691
Old May 02, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
To be shipped this morning with the original Lazy Hawk box from Sean.
Old May 02, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
The package is less than 3LBS, guess what, from San Francisco to Florida with USPS ground plus tracking totaling $28.00, priority around $45, this dam fuel price just killing everyone here.

I have someone from UK expressed interest of mt GH (XL), guess what, USPS does not even accept the package due to oversize. They told me it can only be delivered via UPS or FedEx International I guess it probably will cost more then $60 just to ship a paper box less then 3LBS.