HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:53 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone Vs Durafly

Well, with 2 recent release's of both Durafly, and Parkzone, it seems like there will be a bit of competition between them

Parkzone have just re-released their F4U Corsiar and Durafly has just introduced us with a 6 channel F4U.

With the market increasing for such models, both have their own strenghts, and weaknesses.

With a Parkzone, you pay for great customer service, a good part backing (most LHS cover the Parkzone series parts) and Durafly models are not so readily avaliable, much with the parts.

So, the choice is your's whether you purchase one or the other. Whatever you like, it's your choice and enjoy it while it lasts.

Regards, Ultra.
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,904 Posts
I like FMS. Much bigger, lower price and I get electric with the plane. Not $90 after the fact
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,105 Posts
Ford , Chevy , Dodge , on and on and on
There are some of us who prefer the " just fly " approach to rc planes , and some of us who really like the fact that there are hobby shops in the local area that STOCK [ have on hand ] parts for my PKZ planes , or can get me the needed part delivered in three days , I enjoy the service for MY money .
Every Parkzone plane that I have . since the very first one that they made , the Piper Cub , has flown well right out of the box , which I consider to be high value for my money spent .
And yes I do have "other" brands of rc planes , one plane which I fly every time I go fly .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Ford , Chevy , Dodge , on and on and on
yes that is it. they both fly. not which is better but which do you your shelf likes better.
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
park zones parts reputation is not as good as people think. ihave been waiting for two MONTHS for a wing strut set that was missing from the box ( p/z said buy it but we don't know when we will hve them in stock) also a cowl for my mustang, same wait. i think other company's can do as good as this.
joedavidson is offline Find More Posts by joedavidson
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
For the cost of the new PZ Corair $269 plus rotating retracts $89 plus $22 for flap servos ,which equals $380, you could buy two and a half DF Corairs from the US wharehouse at $147 each without platinum member discounts. These planes are much better detailed and come with the flaps and retracts preinstalled. The extra 1 to 2 planes for your money would solve most of the parts problem and give your buddys something to fly instead of watching you fly the PZ. Of course this does not include shipping costs, but I always try to buy from the HK US wharehouse. I have had all the PZ planes and they have been great , but the all my new DF planes are amazing. This hobby has come a long way in the last few years.
carguy671 is offline Find More Posts by carguy671
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy671 View Post
For the cost of the new PZ Corair $269 plus rotating retracts $89 plus $22 for flap servos ,which equals $380, you could buy two and a half DF Corairs from the US wharehouse at $147 each without platinum member discounts. These planes are much better detailed and come with the flaps and retracts preinstalled. The extra 1 to 2 planes for your money would solve most of the parts problem and give your buddys something to fly instead of watching you fly the PZ. Of course this does not include shipping costs, but I always try to buy from the HK US wharehouse. I have had all the PZ planes and they have been great , but the all my new DF planes are amazing. This hobby has come a long way in the last few years.
Exactly!!!! You can buy 1 parkzone plane....get it in 3 days... And just fly....

Or for the same price buy 2.5 durafly planes... And wait... And wait....

You said yourself that you didn't include shipping.... So there goes the half plane... Your just down to 2 planes that you bought instead of the 1 parkzone plane... So your still ahead...

But you also admitted that you'd need the second plane for parts to fix the first one... Just to get it airborne....

So really... You got one good flight ready plane... For the same price as the Parkzone plane..... You just added the shipping time and added asspain for free.

Id rather be out in the field flying my stress free ready to go Parkzone plane!.. But that's just my opinion... I know your opinion is different... Which is fine too!! It'd be boring if we all flew the same plane!
Barrett_G is offline Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,858 Posts
It's really a matter of personal preference as others said. With ParkZone, you spend a good deal of money, then fly, then fly some more, then fly some more still. With Durafly, FMS, etc. you spend considerably less money, then tinker, then fly a little, then spend some more money, then tinker some more, then fly a little more, then spend some more money, then tinker some more, then fly a little more, etc.

With ParkZone, you get a plane that flys very well from the moment that you get it. With the others, you may, after all of your tinkering and extra spending, eventually get a very good flying plane, or you might not.

The best analogy that I can think of is furniture. You can spend considerably more and buy a piece that is completely finished that you bring into the house and start using right away, or you can save considerably by buying an unfinished piece. Depending on who you buy it from, it could require only a little work to get it finished nicely or you could even use it unfinished. Or you might get one that requires a lot of sanding and other finishing work to get it to look acceptable for use in your house. You DID save money, but you gave yourself a lot of extra work and the hinished prodice might never be as good as the more expensive completely finished unit.
Leo L is online now Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
I normally buy the DF planes when they are instock in the US. I can get it to my door in 4 to five days. The shipping inside the US is normally around $20 and I dont have to pay the 7% local sales tax if I buy from a LHS. On all my DF planes, they have not needed any serious modifications for them to fly right. Just put them together and do all the normal build checks like on the PZ's. I have had two PZ Corsairs and one DF Corsair. . They all fly great, the DF is just much more scale and it is great that a company is finally making a nice F4U-4 with the four blade prop.
carguy671 is offline Find More Posts by carguy671
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leighton Buzzard
Joined Apr 2012
296 Posts
I have both pz and durafly planes.durafly is more than a match for parkzone and the four I have all flew perfect out of the box, no mods and no finishing.the airframes are of a higher quality (in my opinion) scale features are second to none and value for money that cant be beaten.don't get me wrong,i like my pz planes alot but my vote as things stand goes to durafly.
Markbinim is online now Find More Posts by Markbinim