SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Sorry. Yes.. Look under vendors forum. Several bad experiences with HK.
bimmerland is online now Find More Posts by bimmerland
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Interesting.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jun 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerland View Post
link... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_aboutUs.asp

Their policy .....

Price
HobbyKing's prices are kept so low because of our direct link with factories & our own manufacturing capabilities. We will never go through a vendor or middle man, the savings are always passed on to the customer.
Being a low-profit organisation, hobbyking is often unable to further discuount it's products, however we do price match all our products!We feel our postage pricing is as fair as possible and delivery speed well within customers expectations.

They have a button on the bottom of the item page called "price war" It states..............

We price match any other online store!
Copy the other stores product URL in the box below;

Why buy from HobbyKing?
- Local Service centers in USA, EU and AUS.
- Dedicated phone, email and live chat staff!
- Large variety!
- Low cost shipping & you can always combine products to save more!
- Quality products only. No factory seconds or B-Grade Lipo!
While you may find a smaller store with a similar product for few cents cheaper, they cannot match HobbyKing's service, warranty support and variety
Service in the US? Warranty? Dedicated phone? Live Chat?

Anyone see a flock of pigs go by here?
edsmith Top Spin is offline Find More Posts by edsmith Top Spin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Here is some more bad reviews concerning HK. Still looking for the other price match issue I found.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/Hobby_King/

My main gripe is HK lowering the price only after I complained so now theirs is cheaper than BH so I don't have a chance for any credit.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:19 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
bimmerland so it's $20 difference in item price? Did you tell them this or did you demand over 60 dollars? You should probably clear that up with them.

You have all the info you need and I see you put up a request on their forum (should have been in order support). Just tell them you want your $20 store credit.

Hi edsmith. Loverly first post. So what do you fly/drive/skim accross the waters and where did you get it from? Got any helpfull tips for the OP on getting his $20 in price match. I do and I see he has taken that advice and is on his way to a resolution.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 29, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
interesting
Is it, and if so why?
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Just surprising why would anyone post and then within a few days replace them with "....".

More curious than interesting I guess.

Mark
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:30 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Just surprising why would anyone post and then within a few days replace them with "....".

More curious than interesting I guess.

Mark
That is curious, Mark. I can see his full post.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:34 AM View Post
KCV6
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:36 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Yes bad of me, was more in anticipation I went looking for where sgtdirt was actually involved once before in a simular thread regarding price matching and alas a search of his posts seems to come up with many "..."

Mark
Thats funny, why would you do that? SgtDirt is an upstanding fellow, I don't get it?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:42 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
If I find an example of the same sort of price war issue, I will post it.
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 30, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:29 AM View Post
sgtdirt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I went via the price war icon and put in the URL showing the BH price vs HK and asked for a credit. I did not demand $63 but did note the dollar difference asking if they could help. I kept getting request solved each time with no difinitive answer and no agreement to credit me with anything. I kept reopening my request until they finally responded with new lower price but still with no positive approach to my issue. Still waiting for more from them but I am not holding my breath.

Bottom line is they have my order number and the price I paid plus they have the price that BH had it for at the same time and have done nothing to help. I should not have to jump through hurdles to get a simple credit after all the documentation I presented to them.

I have had other communication issues with HK that never got resolved. I got my product but never on time and never got answers as to why it was late. The funny thing is that everything I ordered from overseas came promptly but anything from their so called "USA warehouse" was fraught with delays and total lack of communication. The item I ordered was promised before Xmas via an online chat but did not arrived until weeks later.

I think their prices are great, shipping is a little high but the lack of customer service has turned me off for any future business with them.
Last edited by bimmerland; Apr 29, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I think I have exhausted all my resources via this thread and appreciate all help. If anyone in this thread has ties with HK and can help me get my credit back I would appreciate it very much but I am not spending any more time answering questions. I have stated my case and now I am through. Thanks again for listening. I just think the hobby world needs to know that HK is not an upstanding company ans is not very customer focused.