HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
Fractal Integrator
United States, KY, Edgewood
Joined Aug 2006
207 Posts
Gallery
Arduino Pro Micro Multiwii

I just got my latest quad flying nicely. It uses multiwii 2.0 code, an Arduino Pro Micro, genuine WM+ gyro, frsky 4ch rx, 10g hextronic motors, 6a turnigy plush escs, and 3s lipo from 370mah up to 850mah.

The frame is polycarbonate from a FDM 3d printer. The props are also 3d printed, some are ABS and some pc, depends on which ones I break I designed the props to match the motor/esc combo. The frame is a test to see if it can be made one piece molded in the future.

I'll get some video soon and put it in here.
HERE
micro quadcopter 3d printed fractal frame (2 min 47 sec)

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss multiwii frame design, Arduino Pro micro troubleshooting, and any other related topics.

Thanks for looking
lukibob is offline Find More Posts by lukibob
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by lukibob; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jun 2008
964 Posts
home made props dream come true, who was saying they wished they could cnc props ?

very cool.
dogz85 is online now Find More Posts by dogz85
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESC's for multies
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
I liked Cool...
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
Fractal Integrator
United States, KY, Edgewood
Joined Aug 2006
207 Posts
new size, 280mm

I resized the frame to accomodate the esc inside the major arm circle. Made one each, polycarbonate and ABS. Fresh out of the printer this morning.

No video yet, rainy and windy. Indoor is too boring, I need to show this thing at its peak! It can almost do a static flip, no loss in altitude.

I hope I can get more of these 6a turnigy plush escs. Anyone know if they switched the avr in those from atmega to silabs? I just ordered some so will find out in a few weeks.

Almost forgot!!!
I left my JR transmitter on and the battery died, along with my frsky v8jt module. It doesnt work anymore, no led on and no response. I have no idea why a left on transmitter would kill the 2.4ghz module. That is why I made the order from HKing. Luckily I still had the old 72mhz module and rx.
lukibob is offline Find More Posts by lukibob
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Quads 3d printed things
Old May 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
I like the frame. If you had some sort of fancy extruder could you extrude and then slice off a bunch of frames?
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2008
589 Posts
Your design looks like it's based on some kind of fractal. Am i imagining things or were you inspired along those lines? Very nice regardless.
teslahed is offline Find More Posts by teslahed