HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BladeScraper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
Gaui X3, Blade 150X
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
2,942 Posts
Discussion
mini Yak 55

Well, as I said, I've got it built. I still need the electronics. I think I will use the Zippy Flightmax 180mAh 2s, and the Turningy Plush 6A ESC. The plush has much better reviews than the HK brand. Even though I am using some carbon fiber rods to stiffen up the tail, I am going to try to build A.L.A.P. (as light as possible) meaning NO hot glue, only CA glue. I have plenty of time to make the plane, no rush really. So I really won't be doing much with it until I get enough money, then order it. Then wait another month to get it. But anyway, at least I know I will be getting a quality, reliable, and efficient motor from Dualsky.

paint

I am going to try to go for either a camouflage or standard flame and checkered scheme. Like these:

camo

http://www.psdgraphics.com/wp-conten...camouflage.jpg

flames and checkered

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...f6v0137673.jpg

control horns

So, I need the max throws for practicing 3D. On a plane like this to get the control throws as big as I need, I think I am going to get these TINY little control horns from hobby town, put the pushrod on the innermost hole on the control horn and cut the rest off, and limit throws with the "Travel Adjust" function on the Dx6i to limit the throws to where I need them. (cutting the other holes off saves a bit of weight. As I said, I am going to build A.L.A.P.)

Thanks guys!

-kpilot
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by BladeScraper; Apr 27, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts