HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2012, 11:46 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
889 Posts
Any good business backs there product by numbers , even burger king has a sign on the wall telling you calories.

I will and have backed all my numbers and I work for no one . I'm trying to give people an alternative , jetfan is one of those at half the price .

And" barely anything inside " ' really , like what fairy dust and spider webs for servo lines , there nothing special about your build ,,same products inside as everyone else , off the shelf servos and servo wire , spektrum receiver , eflite retracts with your upgrade , when you built your first one it weighted 7.2 lbs as I recall.
420flyboy is offline Find More Posts by 420flyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 11:51 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy View Post
Any good business backs there product by numbers , even burger king has a sign on the wall telling you calories.

I will and have backed all my numbers and I work for no one . I'm trying to give people an alternative , jetfan is one of those at half the price .
James,
No one had problem what you like.
What is up with you today. I had some good green here.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old May 22, 2012, 11:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
TJ80 maiden flight

Here is the maiden flight.
This flight is mostly set up flight.
My second flight is more hot rod. But Sean turn off the recording.

Weeken get more video from Button Willow.

E-flite F-4 TJ80 (7 min 36 sec)
Last edited by Tamjets; May 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:57 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
James,
No one had problem what you like.
What is up with you today. I had some good green here.
I'm happy for you Tam,
I just want others to enjoy the $ they spend on this hobby , I'll continue to find the best products and deals I can , then pass them on.

I'd be happy to fly your products if you'd like to send some out for me to test , I seem to be helping jetfan out.
420flyboy is offline Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Old May 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
RC Crash Test Pilot
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
Scale guys will be horrified, LOL, but I just had to change-up the wing color scheme so that I have a shot at seeing this thing once it gets off the ground. Had some monocoat or whatever brand trim sheets on-hand and have had good results seeing this orange color on other models. The silver fits in nicely with how the stabilators and tail cone are decorated so silver will signal top side up. Orange is always on the wing bottoms of my models so I stayed consistent there. This should provide some cues that the Navy camo doesn't (I hope).

Attachment 4883002

Resisting the urge to put big black bars on the bottom of the wings but who knows what I will do if my Phantom survives a flight or two. Cheers! Dana
Your not alone..
FlyRCJet is offline Find More Posts by FlyRCJet
Old May 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
Quote:

And" barely anything inside " ' really , like what fairy dust and spider webs for servo lines , there nothing special about your build ,,same products inside as everyone else , off the shelf servos and servo wire , spektrum receiver , eflite retracts with your upgrade , when you built your first one it weighted 7.2 lbs as I recall.
dude I think its time for you to go boke a smowl
go back and look at Tams build it is far from a stock build if you look closely enough you may catch some things he didn't talk about, things he did talk about and shared have other effects that may not be obvious but if you pay attention you may learn something. yes his first one was built the same way and was 8s and yes it was also 7.2lbs. for a guy who just got his balls wet you sure are getting a bit jumpy. Tam has been paving the edf highway for a while now, maybe you should just ask questions, listen and learn.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old May 23, 2012, 12:46 AM
420flyboy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Suggestive).
Old May 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,204 Posts
!bwana1

I finished my F4 a few days ago, 7lbs, 8oz AUW with 6S, 5000mah battery, Shulman trailing link gear, completely stock setup. To be truthful, after reading some reports about the stock setup being underpowered, I was not planning a maiden anytime soon. I'm also not going to put anymore money in this plane, as I like the 90, 100, 120mm jets much better. That changed, it's going to fly this weekend, as is.

I will tell the truth about the flight, if I can bring it down and land it, then, anybody can, and it will erase any negative thoughts. Everybody that I've seen flies the Habu32 at our field, and here the F4, onto the runway at high speed. I don't land anything that way, I'm a full stall carrier type pilot. So if I can fly on final with high alpha it's either going to tip stall or land, one or the other.

If it stalls, I want a dynamite crash, maybe even a fire like the real thing. The peanut gallery always looks forward to my flying, either it's great, or a spectacular crash, nothing in between. I build a plane a week, not to many crashes lately, so the inventory is growing, something has to go.LOL The weakest link or bad flyer will bite the dust. My motto for maidens, If it goes home in one piece, it's a keeper.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; May 23, 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Is your name Tam ? Didn't think so ,
Balls wet , lol. Are you holding Tams

Oh , and did you see the scale , money where my mouth is .
James,
Listen to the video when I'm talking to my son right after landing.
What did I said?
Flying heavy turbine aircraft and now flying the EDF is so light.
Too light for the windy condition.
Do I need to lie to my own son....give me break....you been very jumpy since this morning.
Just because I can built it light and you want to bust me and want to show you proof.
That is dump.....
Old May 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,028 Posts
Good luck look forward to the debrief hopefully you get to keep growing your air force with this one

man I wish I had your motivation with building at the moment. I have all sorts of things in boxes that needs attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
I build a plane a week, not to many crashes lately, so the inventory is growing, something has to go.LOL The weakest link or bad flyer will bite the dust
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old May 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,204 Posts
Oh Tam, you read the posts, most of these guys are young and fly these tiny jets like they play video games. Nothng to prove here.

Are you still putting helium in your planes to keep them light?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old May 23, 2012, 01:20 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Oh Tam, you read the posts, most of these guys are young and fly these tiny jets like they play video games. Nothng to prove here.

Are you still putting helium in your planes to keep them light?
You know it babe....
My latest A-4 weight 15.5 lbs and power with TJ90.

There is many way to skin the Hawk.
Even my 12s Habu still at 8 lbs.

I'm loading my 3 flights right now. By the time landing the wind pick up so bad. I almost throw the radio to Sean.
The wind caught me on the landing. Minor damage is it fix for the weeken at Button Willow.
Now is had scratch and I let all the turbine guys get some laps.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
Tam
your A4 was 15.3lbs I was their for that one.......hmmm maybe the F4 was 7lbs lol!!!! Tam is getting older and the numbers all start jumblin together
Old May 23, 2012, 01:35 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
Tam
your A4 was 15.3lbs I was their for that one.......hmmm maybe the F4 was 7lbs lol!!!! Tam is getting older and the numbers all start jumblin together
Not anymore.
I add some hysol few area got loose.

Uploading the video right now.
This F-4 for is tough plane. Flip upside down and only minor damage.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:42 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Not anymore.
I add some hysol few area got loose.
well allrighty then
so you even track the weight of the glue when you need it.....huh but somehow your wrong about the F4