HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy View Post
For all those that can't fly this jet...
There's always the foamy section...
Dude don't be a jerk, we saw your first videos, bouncing 10 times, almost hitting your truck... Classless comment!
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
Dude don't be a jerk, we saw your first videos, bouncing 10 times, almost hitting your truck... Classless comment!
there's always someone that has to take it too far. Cant just enjoy the company ,knowledge and exp. of others on here.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 22, 2012, 12:30 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
420 -- do you fly at a king soopers wharehouse parking lot? Would you be able to takeoff/fly/land on a real rc runway? Would you be AMA legal to fly after 4:20 pm?

--I really do enjoy the videos you post and hope you continue to do so.

-----

--I agree -- No yank and bank. Fly it like a jet and what Tam said. -- For some people though, yank and bank is their style and it may work ok with the foamie edf's.
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Last edited by G-Forse; May 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
947 Posts
Well , first off its an old runway , not parking lot. A real rc runway, lol , and pay AMA , I don't think so. Considering I was one of the first to maiden , I did pretty good , better than most. And still flying the first one. I'm not legal to fly AMA period and don't give a . Didn't ask any of you to fly where I do and dont really care.

Almost hit my truck because a flap came loose and pulled me at it , I did good not hitting it, lol.

And for those not up on 420 , I'm free , white ,male and live in Colorado where I can live how I like.

I've tried to post helpful things when I could and pass on knowledge. At least I have the balls the build and fly and do it again.

It's 420 right now
And I'll get right back too you with a "Classless" comment .
420flyboy is offline Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Last edited by 420flyboy; May 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Smokin right now
Old May 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
Looks like the JetFan 80 works pretty well. That is probably what I'll put in mine. Not sure what motor though.
Old May 22, 2012, 01:03 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,794 Posts
Quote:

And for those not up on 420 , I'm free ,white ,male and live in Colorado where I can live how I like .
That comment says enough! Lol! What a joke!
Old May 22, 2012, 01:03 AM
Mile High EDF
Joined Jul 2011
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse View Post
Looks like the JetFan 80 works pretty well. That is probably what I'll put in mine. Not sure what motor though.
Case in point

Jetfan 80 works pretty well...

Well, how would we know this ?
Old May 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
Mile High EDF
Joined Jul 2011
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
That comment says enough! Lol! What a joke!
Thank you
Proud to be white is that a problem.
Second ,it's just a saying ,
Does it offend you that I'm white ?
Old May 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
-- I have a white T-28. Also have a white F-16 that I only fly on clear, blue sky days.
Old May 22, 2012, 01:11 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,794 Posts
Not from Colorado so guess I've never heard that saying, either way this isn't the place to shout out race, is what I was getting at. When u say it the way u did that's what it's implying whether you ment it that way or not... Just saying. But im not gonna post anymore to keep the thread on track on here so ill enjoy my f4 or not. Thanks! I'm out...wish me.luck.
Old May 22, 2012, 01:14 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Case in point

Jetfan 80 works pretty well...

Well, how would we know this ?

JetFan would work well in a lot of airframes
Old May 22, 2012, 01:15 AM
Mile High EDF
Joined Jul 2011
947 Posts
The only one who made a point of it was you, I put words online and you pulled what you wanted out .

Maybe some should put the mouse down and get to building .

Jetfan does works well in any 80mm jet , not many though and I've flown it in two of those ,
First to fly it in the F4 .
Old May 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
keep in mind 420 does far more flying and video posting than alot of others on rcgroups, he is no arm chair pilot please dont lecture him about AMA etc lol
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old May 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,168 Posts
420 i have a JF 80mm for my F-4 when i get it ...what motor would you run for a 6s set up a 2150 kv? or lower?. i love my 8s 90Jf set up with 1500 kv Neu motor.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 22, 2012, 04:03 AM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
I know that you are an experienced jet driver, so with all due respect, adding rudder input in the direction of the turn is not a good idea. Especially at high AOAs. The rudder is the last control surface to lose effectiveness and will make the situation worse at the worst time. The rudder will bring the nose down and result in a downward flight vector. This is true for most planes but, with jets the higher speeds make this more of an issue. I know that there are differences in model aircraft and full scale, but aerodynamically, not a lot. I am not trying to be braggadocious in any way but, I fly jets for a living and we are taught that use of coordinated rudder with ailerons is to eliminate yaw not to supplement or induce roll. When flying jets we spend a lot of time with feet on the floor so to speak (air to air manuevering at safe altitudes in very high performance aircraft aside). In T-38s in the pattern with the associated high AOAs use of the rudder would very quickly roll the plane on it's back. I think that we are better off limiting the bank angle and planning for the turn radius untill we get more comfortable with the plane. All the input here is very good and helpful. And I am at least as guilty of dumb thumbs as anyone. Just ask Steve. Sorry for almost hitting you when I lost orientation with my P-51!

Aaron
Hey Aaron, it was nice to meet you at the field this weekend. I hope to see more of you down there. No problem with the P-51 adventure. It has built my reputation at the field as a guy with speed, and cat like reflexes. I haven't pulled a move like that since sliding into home plate head first in little league. LOL!

I agree with Aaron on flying the F4. Don't fly it like a prop. Keep the speed up and carve with it.

Let me know when you have a free morning, we will meet up at the field and fly the F4!

-Steve-
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1