Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
930 Posts
Your front strut has suspension , the stock doesn't.
420flyboy is online now Find More Posts by 420flyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
Sorry mains are stock nose i got from edf hobbys. Its for a mig 29 i had it laying around. I liked it better than the stock nose strut.
Bpitts is offline Find More Posts by Bpitts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,758 Posts
sweet mods tam!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:54 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy View Post
The shulman look very similar to HK's dsr-a and lander retracts.
The Shulman stuff is WAY nicer and better quality than the dsr-a or landers, I have all three and they are a clear step above. Plus Don Shulman's support is outstanding. The Shulmans I have are on a 2nd Habu 32 I have, with a stock setup with Tam's heatsink/tail cone. No where near as fast as the 8s Jetfan but still a great performer.

The point in all that is the Shulman for the Habu most likely won't fit in the F-4, but I saw they have F-4 specific version now and worth the money.
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:39 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Almost done....
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Just started mine.

Blast!!! I don't have any thin CA to do the hinges.

That's not stoping me though. In the middle of doing the wing servos.

Already have the CC 100a Ice ESC , CC BEC Pro & AR8000 ready & working along with the 32 motor.

This will be my first non foamy Jet!!
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Got my elevator and rudder servo relocated to the rear flat form.
Tam, will you be offering this part for sale at some point? And are you putting a CapPack in your TJ80 unit? Thanks for the build/mod thread too. Dana
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
365 Posts
Signing on, here.

Can't wait to see the flight reports. Hope your weather is better this weekend than ours.

I retired from the Guard after 25 years service, and got my fill of camo and dull paint. There are/were shiny F-4s, many of which saw front line air defense service. I worked on Cs and Ds in the 191st FIG. Ours were the prettiest F4s ever. (The one with the checkerboard tail. They used to call us the Ralston Purina Squadron)

I like the QF-4N color scheme. Easy to see. Never was this shiny, but, you know, airshow colors. (There is a a shiny QF-4E that's been appearing at airshows.)

Have to say anything as small as this model with a 40oz per square foot + wingloading is kind of scary, but........delta wings can fly at really low speeds at high AOAs and they don't stall (if you have enough punch), so, maybe....... My delta design (the Bullet) is quick (85+) on a 46AX, yet will slow right down to about walking speed for touchdown. Wing loading is only about 17 oz per square foot, tho.

I'd have to go with Schulman's trailing link retracts. Our field keeps popping up in my nightmares.

I see Horizon is out of stock again, so it's moot at this point.
Bob Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Bob Hunt
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,271 Posts
Bob, can't beat this for color! Limited market for a kit version I'm sure. Is my Savage version, must be about same size (and W/L!!) as the HH version.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Just started mine.

Blast!!! I don't have any thin CA to do the hinges.

That's not stoping me though. In the middle of doing the wing servos.

Already have the CC 100a Ice ESC , CC BEC Pro & AR8000 ready & working along with the 32 motor.

This will be my first non foamy Jet!!
I used med ca on mine, no problem,
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
365 Posts
Killick:

Yeah, that pops, man.

I've got a dream sheet on both the Savage and the Eflite. The Savage is not that much smaller, and builds a lot lighter. (Because of not having a glass fuse and foam core wings, I suspect. But I'm not sure the Eflite has foam core wings. They do mention foam, glass, and balsa construction in the hype.)

I don't know which way I'm going to go at this point. The Savage is a little over half the cost of the Eflite, and I haven't built a nice kit in a couple of years.

Old "3030" is the only F4 that I know of that did the hat trick: survived combat in Vietnam; survived drone service; is now part of the U.S.S. Midway display- returning to the flat top she served on.

What did you use for retracts on yours?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,271 Posts
Don't want to derail this thread Bob but used E-Flite 15 - 25's. Figured that most of the time I can land my models not drive them into the ground. I don't know about light -- I usually build light and I am at 68oz dry! Size of Savage is 34"span x 50" long. Would love to get the HH F-4 but out of my $ for a second one.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
365 Posts
Yeah, I ran the numbers and the Eflite F-4 is going to use up most of a $1000 bill, and that's with using the 6S packs from my T Rex 700.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
I got my all done 3:30 in the morning.
So with all the mod I did to it.
It took me 13 hrs total to built.
That including putting the PNP fan together.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:06 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,607 Posts
you are one crazy man Tam .....i went to bed at 02:30 and all i did was charge batts.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY