HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 03:52 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
he did'nt get to fly ? where his F-86 ? the T conversion looks good .ck my F-20 Thread ..you need to put a turbine in one of these when i get it done
I didn't fix it for him. Too busy get the F-4 ready and I let him fly my Habu.
But I landed too close to edge of the run the weed caught me.
That why he upset without any planes to fly on sunday.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 06:20 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Well mine is ready.

The couple of problems I ran into were.

1. Those stupid four bolts for the main wings. Geezzzzzz! Took forever. I barely got them in. I didn't use loc-tite though. I thought that's one place not to use it so you can take the wings off for transport. Hummm?

If you have to use loc-tite there then you might has well just glue the wings on.

2. The front opening for the gear is slightly off. Or the retract is. I had to cut a small notch so the wheel collar would clear.

3. I did cut a notch out for the rudder control rod. I don't see a problem with it. The tail cone is glued over the notch.

4. One wing, no matter how tight the two bolts. Was loose lateraly just a hair to see a gap when pushed forward & back. To fix it I wrapped the front & rear dowls with some of the clear tape that came with the kit. Now it's tight.

I think that's all.

Servos used: HS 85mg for all but the Elevator. There I used a HS-225mg. It's close to the recomended specs. It's 67 oz./in. Torque at 6v. I have my BEC Pro set to 6v.

If anyone really thinks it's not up to par, tell me.

100a CC Ice, CC BEC Pro wire to main battery.

AUW with a HP 3s x 2 5000mah 35c is 6.8lbs.

Oh, rudder & front steering are seperate.

Here's a couple of pics. Hows my Electronics bay look?
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; May 02, 2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Mar 2009
141 Posts
Whos nose gear is that? shulmans? The install looks ok to me
BobH13 is offline Find More Posts by BobH13
Old May 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2004
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Well mine is ready.

1. Those stupid four bolts for the main wings. Geezzzzzz! Took forever. I barely got them in. I didn't use loc-tite though. I thought that's one place not to use it so you can take the wings off for transport. Hummm?

If you have to use loc-tite there then you might has well just glue the wings on.
This thread locker is used on fasteners that need to be reused (wing bolts). I have some at home for this sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Vibra-TITE-VC-.../dp/B005ETYAX0

I would not fly it without some sort of thread lock on it.

scott.
GuppyG is offline Find More Posts by GuppyG
Old May 02, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Quote:

2. The front opening for the gear is slightly off. Or the retract is. I had to cut a small notch so the wheel collar would clear.

3. I did cut a notch out for the rudder control rod. I don't see a problem with it. The tail cone is glued over the notch.

I had the same problem with my front gear rubbing one side, I bent the wire a bit, but I am going to notch it out like you did to be safe.

I also found no problem with the rudder notch issue.
1. It did not move
2. The rear cover holds it in so I don't need to glue a piece of wood. However, if I was to do another one, I would string it through and then glue after like Bwana did.

Lastly, did anyone else have an issue with the steering clevis on the front retract. The problem I'm having is with front steering. The clevis will not move freely up and down as I retract the gear. I am thinking of going with a dubro black and gold locking clevis, I did the same on my habu and its worked great. any thoughts?
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old May 02, 2012, 11:54 AM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
365 Posts
Colorado:

Are you at all concerned about your antenna being that close to a carbon fiber object?

I'm not familiar with the Dx radios, but I know that Futaba says to keep the ends of the antennae 1/2" away from metal or CF objects.

CF does absorb or attenuate microwave signals- it's used as part of "stealth" mods to aircraft, etc.
Bob Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Bob Hunt
Old May 02, 2012, 01:15 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Nothing goes stop me now.
Working on the turbine conversion and this what I got so far.
Remove the front former to fit a pair of 10 oz each side fuel tank and it is right on the CG.
I be using 4oz airtrap tank in the front of the ducting. So all the fuel be right on the C.G.
Making new former to mount the turbine and bifurcated pipe.
The bifurcated pipe be done tomorrow night.
Go Tam Go!! The EDF Mad Scientist!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old May 02, 2012, 01:33 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Go Tam Go!! The EDF Mad Scientist!!
Turbine Conversion King....Lew
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old May 02, 2012, 03:14 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,599 Posts
that battery looks suspect. is it puffed? ... or just looks that way in the picture. if it is stay away from it if you value your new plane.

Quote:
Well mine is ready.

4. One wing, no matter how tight the two bolts. Was loose lateraly just a hair to see a gap when pushed forward & back. To fix it I wrapped the front & rear dowls with some of the clear tape that came with the kit. Now it's tight.

I think that's all.

Servos used: HS 85mg for all but the Elevator. There I used a HS-225mg. It's close to the recomended specs. It's 67 oz./in. Torque at 6v. I have my BEC Pro set to 6v.

If anyone really thinks it's not up to par, tell me.

100a CC Ice, CC BEC Pro wire to main battery.

AUW with a HP 3s x 2 5000mah 35c is 6.8lbs.

Here's a couple of pics. Hows my Electronics bay look?
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old May 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH13 View Post
Whos nose gear is that? shulmans? The install looks ok to me
Stock E-Flite strut
Old May 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
that battery looks suspect. is it puffed? ... or just looks that way in the picture. if it is stay away from it if you value your new plane.

Not a flight battery. Thanks though.

It's an old "Voltz" 45c 4500mah battery I used in my FW F-18e
Old May 02, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hunt View Post
Colorado:

Are you at all concerned about your antenna being that close to a carbon fiber object?

I'm not familiar with the Dx radios, but I know that Futaba says to keep the ends of the antennae 1/2" away from metal or CF objects.

CF does absorb or attenuate microwave signals- it's used as part of "stealth" mods to aircraft, etc.
I didn't think the tubing was CF. It's pretty thin & week if ya ask me. Thought/think it's FG.

I just put it where the destructs, Ahhh I mean Insrtucts put it.

Page 33 http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...125-Manual.pdf
Old May 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
Lastly, did anyone else have an issue with the steering clevis on the front retract. The problem I'm having is with front steering. The clevis will not move freely up and down as I retract the gear. I am thinking of going with a dubro black and gold locking clevis, I did the same on my habu and its worked great. any thoughts?

Just the silcone tubing over the clevice caused the retract to bind/jam & stop it from retracting all the way. My retract worm gear starts slipping & screeeeeching. AHHHHH! It's like finger nails on a chalk board.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Just the silcone tubing over the clevice caused the retract to bind/jam & stop it from retracting all the way. My retract worm gear starts slipping & screeeeeching. AHHHHH! It's like finger nails on a chalk board.
Mine too, it freaked me out and I could picture having to order a new one from HH cause it blew up. I know it has the protection in it, but still freaky sound.

How did you fix the silcone tube issue? I was afraid it would pop off if I pulled it down to low on the clevis.
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old May 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,609 Posts
hey Tam did you get your turbine pipe today?
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY