SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
Lier, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
I do sold the heat sink upgrade with tailcone fairing.
Put the ICE 100 Lite in the tail cone and you never had heat issue.
Yesterday it was 85 degree.
We do the Habu speed contest.
One of the down wind pass was doing close to 200mph.
John on the full throttle over a minute to built up speed. We talking about 4kw plus. The ESC had no heatsink. I took it out to kept it light.
The max temp only reach 211 for 2 second and cool down 160 by back off the throttle.
High airflow behide the motor is best place for the ESC.
Do you have a picture of the installation of the esc?
affas is online now Find More Posts by affas
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,252 Posts
Opened the box today on my F-4, it really is a beautiful kit! Time to get reading, and hopefully building in the next few weeks/months!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:20 AM
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
328 Posts
I just received my Tamjet retract mod kit yesterday but did not get any pictures or assembly instructions. I might be able to figure it out but was wondering if someone could post some pictures of their assembled retracts mod. Thanks.
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:28 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
202 Posts
I believe Tam posted a bunch way earlier in the thread...no clue what page. Here are the ones I downloaded when I did mine. I believe they are the Habu pictures but the process is exactly the same.

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
328 Posts
Thanks so much!
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, CO, Loveland
Joined May 2008
406 Posts
KentF,

How much does the Tam kit really help? I'm getting better with it but still have an occasional bouncer. Also some tendancy to bend the gear even with fairly nice landings.

Greg
gsm026 is offline Find More Posts by gsm026
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm026 View Post
KentF,

How much does the Tam kit really help? I'm getting better with it but still have an occasional bouncer. Also some tendancy to bend the gear even with fairly nice landings.

Greg
On a hard surface like I fly from, I don't think they really make a difference...but...if/when you run off the runway or miss the runway and end up in the grass, they help considerably. You may still bounce but you won't bend these though! The main gear is still vertical with a spring allowing the wheels to pull backward. On the hard surface, I don't think the forces are enough to pull the gear backward. This is why I say they don't make a huge difference on hard surfaces. Just my opinion. They're nice struts though. If you plan on using brakes, I would also see a benefit as the springs would dampen the forces pulling the wheels backward.

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
was thinking about buying this plane with an 8s setup but I fly off grass .Do you guys think the electric retracts will hold up on grass,And has anyone used the jetapault or similar catapault system with the f4
racer7696 is offline Find More Posts by racer7696
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
The main retracts will work fine since they're at 90* to the shock loads but I think the nose retract will fail quickly as the lockout parts inside are plastic.
Catapult? I'd recommend a different EDF over that. But thats just my personal opinion.
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:22 AM
United States, CO, Loveland
Joined May 2008
406 Posts
The electric retracts are surprisingly tough - I have run off the runway a couple of times and had a few really bouncy landings (especially my first couple of flights) with zero damage to the retract units. The wire gear bend easily, however. On cataput launches I'm with bmiller - seems pretty scary. On the other hand, how long is your grass strip? I think mine has enough power for grass on 6S, and I'm at 5,000 ft. This is not a plane that you want to get bounced into the air before it is ready to fly, though.

Greg
gsm026 is offline Find More Posts by gsm026
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:21 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
At SEFF they were flying them off the grass ( several of them ) all week with no trouble, stock power system.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
you wre flying them with the stock elec retracts?
racer7696 is offline Find More Posts by racer7696
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer7696 View Post
you wre flying them with the stock elec retracts?
Me?? I haven't flown mine yet. But the ones at SEFF all had the stock setup.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:03 PM View Post
barry3065
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Nov 2003
691 Posts
Barry, I don't know what the point of your post is, but the Phantom model you linked us to looks toyish compared to the E-Flite one. If you're trying to "plug" it, this is the wrong place for sure
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek