Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Yeah, i noticed the voltage specs and they are extremely high, must have some bad a$$ bearings.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:29 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Yeah, i noticed the voltage specs and they are extremely high, must have some bad a$$ bearings.
They are designed for edf use where spinning 40k plus is pretty average. The bearings in the Neus hold up to high rpm use as well.
bill34207 is offline Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Top Gun 2014
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Looks like it's time to add a few more photos to avoid that blank page look.
I really don't have a lot of parts here yet for building it but do have a few odds n ends I can do while waiting.

I don't remember if Ray did any bottom photos of his while building or not so thought I'd include at least one for anyone that might wonder what the bottom looks like. If you've seen an Aeromarine Sprintcat it should look pretty familiar.

When I emailed Ben yesterday to find out if the 110 mm stingers would fit on the sponsons he also mentioned that the sponson should be reinforced at the back for running stingers. I had planned to do it anyway since in stock form it's just bare c/k cloth in that area. It was pretty easy to make a template for the transom pieces. I just laid a piece of card stock across the back and traced the outline. That got transferred to some 1/8" aircraft ply, cut out and epoxied into place
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2006
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
Just ordered a couple of these for stingers. http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...emart&Itemid=1 (same as used on the DF Explorer when I built it) I had a couple of Speedmasters laying around but they are too tall for the sponsons with the overhang above them. Haven't decided on a rudder just yet. I need to see how far back the stingers will be in relation to the overhang before deciding on amount of setback needed for this hull.
Did you see these?
RayR is offline Find More Posts by RayR
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
182 Posts
hey bill where u going to put that new boat anyway? couch is full.....does it get to sit in the lazyboy ..u on the floor or what?
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:24 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Did you see these?
Those look pretty trick Ray. Wish I had spotted them before buying the longer ones. For some reason I thought you said R2 in and didn't see anything there that looked like it would work. On the good side there's a possibility I'll have the ones from FC sooner than those would make it from China. The order says it's already shipped and if the tracking actually goes active tonight should have them Monday.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
hey bill where u going to put that new boat anyway? couch is full.....does it get to sit in the lazyboy ..u on the floor or what?
I'll have to worry about that when it's finished. For now it has a spot on part of my workbench.
It is getting time to start thinning out a few though.Beginning to wonder if I'll ever get back to the big Llumar hydro. I keep hoping somebidy local will take a liking to the big Arapaho as a rtr but it hasn't happened so far.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
The shorter 78 mm he has two different ones of. The mono stinger is about the same size as a speedmaster and too tall. The other one is for a 4 mm shaft. I like running the .187 (3/16") size for a better prop selection.
Speaking of .187" shafts/flexs...do you have your flexs yet? The market seems to be pretty dry when it comes to reverse lay .187" flexs. If you have a good source for them, please share. I'm having trouble locating some in stock.
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:24 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Speaking of .187" shafts/flexs...do you have your flexs yet? The market seems to be pretty dry when it comes to reverse lay .187" flexs. If you have a good source for them, please share. I'm having trouble locating some in stock.
Scroll down just a bit on the right

http://www.rcraceboat.com/Storewiredrive.html
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
I'm running into the same thing. Already been looking at OSE, South River, Rocket City, etc. Kintec has some reverse lays but are the ones with one square end for use in the 2 piece drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Scroll down just a bit on the right

http://www.rcraceboat.com/Storewiredrive.html
Thanks scorp. Doesn't really say whether they are in stock though. (Unless it's like kintec and the add to cart button isn't available when out of stock). Guess I'll be the guinea pig.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Thanks scorp. Doesn't really say whether they are in stock though. (Unless it's like kintec and the add to cart button isn't available when out of stock). Guess I'll be the guinea pig.
As an update I've already recieved an order acknowledgement saying they would ship out early next week.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
As an update I've already recieved an order acknowledgement saying they would ship out early next week.
I would prefer a bit longer shaft than the 2.25" that are on the site for the 110mm stingers. I've contacted Jeff about it a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting for them to be made. I think he might be waiting on shafts to come in though.
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Those look pretty trick Ray. Wish I had spotted them before buying the longer ones. For some reason I thought you said R2 in and didn't see anything there that looked like it would work. On the good side there's a possibility I'll have the ones from FC sooner than those would make it from China. The order says it's already shipped and if the tracking actually goes active tonight should have them Monday.
Bill, i have actually shortened a stinger once, took about 1/2 inch off a 3/16 stinger on my copper colored Villain. Kinda "caveman" but i simply put a belt sander flat to the end of it and squared it up real good, then i just shortened the brass bushing and Presto! With the 2.25 inch shafts on those flexes you may be able to get away with it if you even want to consider it.
Last edited by scorpion1; Apr 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
182 Posts
looks like rays boat really ran well today bill.....the pby was cool too
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old May 03, 2012, 09:17 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
I've really been slacking on this one and haven't touched it in several days due to one thing or another. Mostly still waiting on parts but have been working at a couple of other boats as well trying to make sure they are ready for the Spring Shootout later this month.
I've been waiting on the Hydra Ice 240's to come back in stock at Tower since with the web coupons could get them for $259 each shipped from there by ordering one at a time with another small item to make the $299.95 hit the $301 mark and qualify for the $50 off.
This morning I was looking around on OSE and ran into the new Seaking 130 HV rated for 130 constant & 180 peak amps. I'd like some opinions on it. I'm wondering if it might survive spinning the 1680kv HET's on 6s with cr X447's.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-seaking-130HV

Thoughts? Price looks very appealing and the Seaking is a good quality esc (or at least the older LV ones have been)
RCG Plus Member