HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Discussion
Public notice about HeliFlyer711

Let it be known if your looking to buy somthing from this guy you better damn well not leave your computer for even a few minutes because if you do he will not extend the common courtesy of allowing you the time to reply before he passes the sale to someone else. Sent him a IM and posted that I wanted his item for sale, let him know I would send PP later this evening when my check posted to my account. Since he wasnt online when I sent the initial IM I went out to cut my grass thinking a normal person would at least give someone time to reply. Come back and he sent me a IM back saying he would hold it and to let him know, and then a second one saying since I didnt get back to him he sold it and not to send him PP. All this over the course of 20-30min. Figured I would let everyone know. Thought it was kinda BS.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post21445573

Sent to me at 7:03

Hi Rob,
If you want..... I can mark the thread "Sold Pending Funds" and if you send by tommorow morning (4/27) in the AM I'll hold it for you for 22.00 shipped/pp'd. Please let me know by then as I dont want to lose a sale in the meantime.

Here is the Paypal Account;

vd---o5@-----.com

Let me know if thats ok and its yours if you want it.

Thanks,
V
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent to me at 7:30

Hi Rob,
Im very sorry but since you didnt reply back and someone offered to buy it now, I sold it. If you would have let me know I could have held it for you.

Sorry again and thanks for looking,
V
viper5194 is offline Find More Posts by viper5194
Last edited by viper5194; Apr 26, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
140 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
I have had that happen before. Almost the same time frame as well. I sent the seller a PM asking what had happened and he said that he PMed me and waited for a response. When he didnt get one, he looked at my profile and saw that I was still online. He figured I didnt want it, and sold it to the next in line. I told him that I went to the store right after PMing him and that I was, in fact, not online. The site needs so long of no action from you to show that you are offline. Its not immediate. After I explained it to him, he apologized and we both moved on.
It sucks, but I dont know if I would have posted his name on here warning others about him.
johndamet is offline Find More Posts by johndamet
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,897 Posts
Trader Rating: 609
Dang, that was a sweet deal! I imagine you're peeved (and in some ways, rightfully so) because you offered to buy it at his asking price, and you still didn't get the item. Sucks. Still, he has the right to sell however, and to whomever, he wants. So, take a deep breath, think about ALL THE OTHER THINGS that matter waaaaaaay more in life than a programmer, and (hopefully) move on. This is a hobby, we play with toys , and new deals come along every 15 minutes...
I hope you have a better rest of your day,
Josh

EDIT 1: I agree with John, putting his name up is going too far.
EDIT 2: John, your avatar made me laugh hella hard. Is that your kid?!?
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndamet View Post
I have had that happen before. Almost the same time frame as well. I sent the seller a PM asking what had happened and he said that he PMed me and waited for a response. When he didnt get one, he looked at my profile and saw that I was still online. He figured I didnt want it, and sold it to the next in line. I told him that I went to the store right after PMing him and that I was, in fact, not online. The site needs so long of no action from you to show that you are offline. Its not immediate. After I explained it to him, he apologized and we both moved on.
It sucks, but I dont know if I would have posted his name on here warning others about him.
I guess because im used to dealing with online transactions in the thousands of dollars instead of $22 I tend to hold people to a higher standard. On the forum I frequent most, his lack of courtesy would get him a negative mark. Just irritated me so I figured id toss out a heads up. Not somone I would deal with again even for a $2 transaction. In my world, you show your ass once and thats it. It wasnt a mistake, he told me in his first response hilighted in red, to let him know by A.M.

http://www.ar15.com/member/memberFeedback.html?id=45502
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2009
140 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I have had a few high priced deals go south. Never on here, but none the less, it makes you just as mad whether its $20 or $2000.

jg, nope, not my kid. Just found it on the net somewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Well, pretty cool pic regardless.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Feb 2009
140 Posts
I like it. Made me laugh when I saw it.
I took a leave from the hobby and when I got back on here, I blew tea out my nose when I saw it. I completely forgot about it.

Sorry for thread jackin viper.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Wouldnt be so irritated if he hadnt IM'd me with pp info, and that he would wait.

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel. I have had a few high priced deals go south. Never on here, but none the less, it makes you just as mad whether its $20 or $2000.

Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Feb 2009
140 Posts
Viper, on your link to AR15.com, do you guys have a pretty good classified section? I have been on a few AR forums that didnt have a very active FS/W section. I am always looking to add to my collection.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
You've given public notice, but I don't think it's the kind you want

[QUOTE=viper5194;21446195]Let it be known if your looking to buy somthing from this guy you better damn well not leave your computer for even a few minutes because if you do he will not extend the common courtesy of allowing you the time to reply before he passes the sale to someone else. Sent him a IM and posted that I wanted his item for sale, let him know I would send PP later this evening when my check posted to my account. Since he wasnt online when I sent the initial IM I went out to cut my grass thinking a normal person would at least give someone time to reply. Come back and he sent me a IM back saying he would hold it and to let him know, and then a second one saying since I didnt get back to him he sold it and not to send him PP. All this over the course of 20-30min. Figured I would let everyone know. Thought it was kinda BS.

Let's see, the seller has been here coming up on 2.5 years, has over 1k in posts, and over 40 feedback, and it's at 100%. And, he was polite to you.

And you didn't get your item, so you want to call him out and warn the general public about him?

Do yourself a favor and delete your comments, and this thread. These rarely if ever work out well for the OP.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Apr 26, 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: tried to spell public...didn't quite make it.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
it's a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Well, pretty cool pic regardless.
out there in the vast intertoobs there's a series of that specific picture will all kinds of modifications, one of the best is the Gene Simmons paint job on the face.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Viper, on your link to AR15.com, do you guys have a pretty good classified section? I have been on a few AR forums that didnt have a very active FS/W section. I am always looking to add to my collection.
Equipment exchange is very active and very safe as the rules are a lot more strict than some other sites. Been there for years.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
[QUOTE=porcia83;21446735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper5194 View Post
Let it be known if your looking to buy somthing from this guy you better damn well not leave your computer for even a few minutes because if you do he will not extend the common courtesy of allowing you the time to reply before he passes the sale to someone else. Sent him a IM and posted that I wanted his item for sale, let him know I would send PP later this evening when my check posted to my account. Since he wasnt online when I sent the initial IM I went out to cut my grass thinking a normal person would at least give someone time to reply. Come back and he sent me a IM back saying he would hold it and to let him know, and then a second one saying since I didnt get back to him he sold it and not to send him PP. All this over the course of 20-30min. Figured I would let everyone know. Thought it was kinda BS.

Let's see, the seller has been here coming up on 2.5 years, has over 1k in posts, and over 40 feedback, and it's at 100%. And, he was polite to you.

And you didn't get your item, so you want to call him out and warn the general public about him?

Do yourself a favor and delete your comments, and this thread. These rarely if ever work out well for the OP.
His time on this board, number of posts, and feedback have zero bearing on his actions in this deal. He agreed to sell it too me, then retracted his agreement for no reason other than he could get his money faster. Thats not a kosher way to make friends on any forum and my post will remain here. Ive not bad moouthed him, ive simply stated the facts. Anyone can deal with him if they wish but he burned me. Me posting his screen name is no different than me posting a link to the tread.

Pretty simple, dont agree to a sale then welch on it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
He didn't "burn" you. There was no agreement since you didn't get back to him in the time HE expected. A miscommunication at best, or perhaps the need for more communication. The sour grapes approach and yes, a backhanded attempt to smear him doesn't look good for you. And like many others who have come and done the same thing, you can stand your ground and stomp your feet and feel like you've done the right thing. Oh well.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,897 Posts
[QUOTE=viper5194;21446839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

His time on this board, number of posts, and feedback have zero bearing on his actions in this deal. He agreed to sell it too me, then retracted his agreement for no reason other than he could get his money faster. Thats not a kosher way to make friends on any forum and my post will remain here. Ive not bad moouthed him, ive simply stated the facts. Anyone can deal with him if they wish but he burned me. Me posting his screen name is no different than me posting a link to the tread.

Pretty simple, dont agree to a sale then welch on it.
This is where these threads go awry. Unless I missed something, the only thing lost was ~5 minutes of time sending a PM or two. I don't think that equates to getting burned. It's just frustrating, and a waste of 1/288th of a day.

I just wonder, how do you think this thread makes you look to other potential buyers and sellers?
RCG Plus Member