Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jan 2005
740 Posts
Question
Charging Life battery on Turnigy Accucell-6

Need help in charging 3 cell Life battery on Turnigy Accucell-6 charger.
I looked through the Turnigy manual but don't find Life battery charge
on the charger menu.
scharlach is online now Find More Posts by scharlach
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,463 Posts
1. Push the "type/stop" button till you get to "user set program"

2. Then push the "start" button. The screen will say either "lilo" ,"lipo", or "life". This is the screen at which you change the voltage number and the charger will automatically change from one battery type to the other.

3. Push the "start" again. The voltage shown will start to blink.

4. Push the "plus" or "minus" buttons to change the blinking voltage number. It will toggle between the three type of batteries. If you want "life" then change the voltage to 3.3. The battery type will change to "life".

5. Push the "type/stop" button. the screen should now say "Program select Life"

6. Push the "start" again and you will then be in the Life charge mode.

7. Push the "plus" button to toggle between the optional charge modes. Once you are in the charge mode you need to change the charging amperage and the proper voltage for your battery. In your case 9.9 volts.

8. So, push the "start" and the amperage number will blink. Change the amperage to your desired amp charge with the "plus" and "minus" buttons.

9. Push "start" again and the voltage number will blink. Change the voltage to 9.9 with the "plus" and "minus" buttons.

10. Push "start" again to stop all the blinking. You are now ready to charge.

11. Push and hold the "start" button for about 3 seconds and the charge program will start. The charger will ask you confirm the battery cell count.

12. If the battery cell counts match push "start" and the charge will start.

Basicaly, the charger uses the same program to charge all three lithium battery types. That's why you have to get to the Lithium program and change the voltage.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2005
740 Posts
Thanks

TACX thanks much for the charger information - I don't think I could have
ever figured it out from the charger manual.
scharlach is online now Find More Posts by scharlach
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,463 Posts
I know how you feel. The Chinese instructions have allot to be desired. Took me awhile to figure it all out, but now I love the charger. In fact, I bought another as a backup. Been using mine for over three years now and haven't had to pull out the spare yet.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:52 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Took me awhile to figure things out at first. I found the flow chart in the manual most usefull.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest