HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Question
Phoenix-Does the Kyosho Edge really fly like that?

From a hover I can start a torque roll and just hold the aileron full throw and it just sits there and spins without having to correct at all. No other plane comes close to being this easy. Is this realistic? Every other plane is much more difficult to hold in a hover but I can guide the Edge anywhere I like. This has been good for me to learn prop hanging in different orientations but I need to find the next level of difficulty.
skittum is offline Find More Posts by skittum
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Dec 2005
12 Posts
Nope!

I am not sure who at Phoenix did this set up as it is not even close. Most of the fixed wing planes are quite a bit lighter in feel on Phoenix and seem to stall in a very unrealistic way. I love Phoenix, but do not think if you can do all the fancy 3d flying on the sim it will translate perfectly in the real world. Use Phoenix as a way to learn the stick movements and to build muscle memory, and of course to have a great time with your on line flying buddies.
Do not let what I have said here discourage you from puchasing that 540 as it is a fantastic plane. Fly it sport at first and work your way into the 3d moves as you get a feel for the real bird.
Hope to see you in Phoenix some time!
Jimbolina1 is offline Find More Posts by Jimbolina1
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
I feel like Goldilocks. "The Edge is too easy, the rest are too tough." The next closest plane to being controllable for me is the Parkplex Aeromaster ( I think thats it's name?). Any suggestions on fun planes to practice on?
skittum is offline Find More Posts by skittum
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Dec 2005
12 Posts
Try the 3D foamies

All of the 3d flat foamies are very easy to fly. I prefer the 4-site with the Enticement a close second. For the "Performance" planes I fly the Beast because I have one, but the Cap is the easiest of the large nitro 3d machines to fly. Do not get discouraged! We all started out as rookies and over time have developed our flying skills. I wish I had these sims to work with when I first started flying rc some 20 years ago. I would have saved alot of money LOL.
Jimbolina1 is offline Find More Posts by Jimbolina1
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
22 Posts
I'm glad somebody else posted my exact sentiments on that edge 540 in the sim.
jrocnuck is offline Find More Posts by jrocnuck
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Interesting,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbolina1 View Post
Most of the fixed wing planes are quite a bit lighter in feel on Phoenix and seem to stall in a very unrealistic way.
I take this to mean nothing in real life flies like the Kyosho Edge,,,I have been having a blast with the Kyosho Edge even on advanced setting,,,So does any stock 3D model in Phoenix fly anywhere close to real,,?

I also have RF 5.5 and downloaded a few user made models ,, any suggestions on a really great 3d model,,,?

Trying to decide what to do with a rimfire 32 setup out of a cracked up Nextstar EP select,,,??

Keep on aRockin',,,,,,,,
0ldjoblo is offline Find More Posts by 0ldjoblo